Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 11:17 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

If your story is true...than I feel sorry for your situation. Maybe it is because of where i grew up and in Europe this isn't seen as a sex offense. Look how many girls are dressed these days and how they are almost bagging boys to get attention. If you go to our basketball field in our community you get sick of what you will see. Not that there is sex during the day but these girls are asking for it...

I just spend an hour on the phone with my family since my niece is 14 and dating a 16 year old boy and my sister let her sleep in her boyfriends house..."nothing is happening", is her statement but she came home with a hicky in her neck! Her last boyfriend was 18 and she was 13 at the time. I told my sister that she is crazy for allowing it, but accoridng to her nothing will happen! Tell a boy that!
Luckily these boys have nothing to fear like overhere and being labaled a "sex offender". IMO a sex offender is a rapist, or anybody peforming sex against the other parties will and not because there was consent but the parents don't like it, or a child that is way too young to realize what is going on and in my niece case she knows what she is doing and half the family has told her and her parents the same thing.

We have a "sex offender" in our community and he was convicted for sex with some one of the age of 16 which to me is ridiculous or she must have had sex against her will, than to me things change. I see many people around me who agree with me on this and hopefully the law will be changed so the real sex offenders will get more harsh sentences and they will be off the streets!

I can't tell you what to do and find it really hard to answer your question since I'm not sure what to do if you would come to my place to rent. If the neighbors would have a issue with that, I can't do much since IMO they deserve to live without fear or must accept that a "sex offender" like your husband would live there. It would be so easy as a LL and not living in the same street to put some one there who has this label on him...it is sad and hopefully the law will be changed so the real criminals will be labeled as sex offender.

Good Luck!

Old 06-08-2009, 02:25 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,142,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If your story is true...than I feel sorry for your situation. Maybe it is because of where i grew up and in Europe this isn't seen as a sex offense. Look how many girls are dressed these days and how they are almost bagging boys to get attention. If you go to our basketball field in our community you get sick of what you will see. Not that there is sex during the day but these girls are asking for it...
And yet somehow I manage to get through every single day without having sex with any 15-year-olds. Weird, innit?

Old 06-09-2009, 06:34 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,776,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngjd View Post
My husband about 4 years ago made a huge mistake and now has 2 felonies and 2 misdemeanors one of the felonies is a sex offense (she was 15 and gave him oral sex) It was not forced nor bribed nothing like that. He served time in prision and completed parole and is currently on probation only for the felony no longer for the sex offence but for having pot on him with her around. His probation officer has written him a letter of reference that he has had no violations and no problems to the point she is putting him on limited supervision. In Oregon you are required to pass and maintain a polygraph every 6 months saying you are being compiant and have no re offending thoughts or behaviors which he passes every 6 months. He is in treatment also required for sex offenders in Oregon and is in compliance with all of that. He has changed completly who he was and unlike most it is not a fake change it is real change ( I am not saying this because Im his wife I am probably the hardest on him and judge him more then anyone). So we are having trouble finding housing in Salem with our children, is there anyone who would give a chance or have any suggestions Im going crazy and want to do this the right way and have him on a lease but Im begining to think like all the others who are trying to do the right thing.... When you do it the right way they find a way to push you back.

Help

With an occupation like background screener you did not see this coming. With 4 kids and one on the way you finding a place to live should not be a problem.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:08 PM

2 posts, read 5,532 times
Well they got some affordable long term motels in Salem,otherwise ... Yeah felony flats apartments is about it that or the trailer park off silverton road. Unfortunately all the complexes he can legally be at in Salem say " no felons". Lancaster commons has some, but only grandfather clauses.
I don't see the big deal everyone here is getting on about. Let's face it your husband is having a hard time because he is a man and she is a girl. Had it been a boy going down on a woman they would say good job.
These people should think before they speak only predators are known to the public in Oregon and 1 in 4 felons in Oregon have to register for a sex offense. In many cases it is a child himself who the state chose because he was the older of the two minors, and most offenses in Oregon are laughed at in other states. One I advised as a paralegal tried to transfer parole to Texas who refused on the grounds they would have nothing to hold him on as a closed mouth kiss was not a crime as they put it " in any state they coul think of".
I feel for your family I hope that you can find something but your best long term bet, since felons in Oregon do not get together to force the supreme court ruling in Thier favor calling these housing regulations unconstitutional is to leave Oregon for a state with people just a little less afraid of Thier politicians. Notice when the budget comes up and taxes need raising somehow there is never enough room in the jails or prisons that have a total capacity that could hold 15 percent of the states population? Either there is a lot of unsafe people here or just a lot of scared people and a few politicians who have learned to capitalize on that.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:55 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icantwaittoleave View Post
I feel for your family I hope that you can find something ...
Hopefully the OP's situation was resolved as it's been over four years since this happened.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:28 AM

584 posts, read 1,934,616 times
we would not rent to any on the list or if they come out and say they are a sex offender and not on the list. most of our tenants have kids,

Old 02-06-2012, 10:58 PM

2 posts, read 5,532 times
And yet most of you complex managers will rent to drug dealers and or users with so little concern I guess for the poison they sell kids, and since a good portion of sex offenders are minors or were at the time of the charge how do you fit that into your idea of non consent? Because the one convicted was the older minor of the two?

Old 02-07-2012, 05:30 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icantwaittoleave View Post
And yet most of you complex managers will rent to drug dealers and or users with so little concern I guess for the poison they sell kids, and since a good portion of sex offenders are minors or were at the time of the charge how do you fit that into your idea of non consent? Because the one convicted was the older minor of the two?
Maybe you should take this issue to the debate forum. As pointed out, this thread to which you're responding is over four years old.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:54 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Four Year Old Post...

Thread Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting