Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 05:04 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,210,985 times

Advertisements

I did a thread like this for co-workers and got some pretty interesting response, so I thought this could be a neat idea for a topic.

This can be past or present.

As far as recent ones go I had one who wasn't necessarily that bad, but just would never talk even if you just greeted her. Also, she made eggs like 6 times a day. After a while you just don't want to smell eggs that much anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 05:55 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,740,188 times
Do exes count?

Old 10-15-2015, 04:34 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,210,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Do exes count?
Sure

Old 10-16-2015, 12:31 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,350,332 times
I had one that was crazy picky about everything. She insisted I get the fragrance-free, whatever-free toilet paper that she preferred, even if I didn't need it and it was more expensive. Her idea of something fun to do when she had free time, was clean out the kitchen drawers. But, she was fussy and particular and bossy about every stinking little thing you can think of, and lots you can't even imagine.

We were so incompatible. I liked her until I moved in with her. I moved out pretty quickly.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:41 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,797,106 times
There was the guy who always cooked fish sticks while I was trying to sleep (and I can't STAND the smell of fish!) This is also the same guy who NEVER left. He parked in front of the TV right when he got in from work and didn't leave couch until like 2am.
Then there was the girl who had a different guy over every night and left her door open so when I walked by to go to work, I got to see everything.

Thankfully I haven't had a horrible roommate. Just some annoying ones. I'll take the above over some of the psychos that people have talked about on here!

Old 10-16-2015, 06:43 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,480,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Do exes count?

Old 10-16-2015, 01:26 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,877,716 times
Mine would be the woman who moved halfway across the country to build a new life for herself and get away from her toxic ex. (Not "get away" as in actually escape from, but more like an alcoholic who avoids bars because there is too much temptation.) We seemed very compatible, so I decided to rent her a room in my home.

Things started out fine...but then Mr. Toxic Loser followed her here and they got back together. How did I find out they were back together? That would be the time when my partner and I were out of town and a friend rang our doorbell...only to have this loser we had heard such bad things about ANSWER OUR DOOR BUCK NAKED! Oh, and he was also home alone. In our home. After she told us all about how he used to steal to fund his drug habit.

A couple of weeks later, two days before the end of the month, she told me she couldn't pay the next month's rent and asked if she would have to move or if she could stay anyway. I was so relieved to get rid of her that I didn't even attempt to hold her to the 30-days' notice in the lease she had signed.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:30 PM

The fish story made me think of another one. I rented a room to a UC Davis student from Uzbekistan for a couple months when I lived in Davis. He would heat up mackerel in the microwave. Yikes! He also sat in front of the TV whenever he wasn't at school, in order to learn English. He also never bathed LOL.

I wanted to do a nice thing, but I asked the university to find him somewhere else to live.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:23 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,797,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
The fish story made me think of another one. I rented a room to a UC Davis student from Uzbekistan for a couple months when I lived in Davis. He would heat up mackerel in the microwave. Yikes! He also sat in front of the TV whenever he wasn't at school, in order to learn English. He also never bathed LOL.

I wanted to do a nice thing, but I asked the university to find him somewhere else to live.
I feel much better about the guy I roomed with now! At least the fish sticks weren't microwaved, and he DID bathe. I can't even imagine the stench of those two things. Ick!

Old 10-17-2015, 01:55 AM

It just goes to show how cultural differences are so real. We can applaud and welcome different cultures, but they will rarely be comfortable.

No matter how open-minded we want to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting