Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2008, 03:42 AM

1 posts, read 5,740 times

Advertisements

On a month to month rental agreement,if the rent is do before you use the facility, is the rent considered late and can a lien be issued before the rent is actually 30 days late even though the rent is due up front before you use the storage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 07:17 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,318,295 times
I recently rented a storage unit - if that is what you are talking about. From what I have heard, they lock you out first, give you time to pay up and if you don't pay, they put your items up for auction and sell them. AFTER that, they can will go after any unpaid rental fees and probably collection fees - which would probably involve a judgement.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:56 AM

1,368 posts, read 6,491,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylee926 View Post
I recently rented a storage unit - if that is what you are talking about. From what I have heard, they lock you out first, give you time to pay up and if you don't pay, they put your items up for auction and sell them. AFTER that, they can will go after any unpaid rental fees and probably collection fees - which would probably involve a judgement.

Whats the time period though?

Old 02-01-2008, 09:02 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,735,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
Whats the time period though?
Jump online, go to the site of the storage company you're intending to rent from, and just read their FAQ.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:07 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,318,295 times
Once they sell your belongings, they have to go to court to win a judgement against you. THEN they can put a lien against you. However, my guess is that it would be a while and they might never even do that if the amt is smaller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting