Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 01:42 PM

3 posts, read 19,250 times

Advertisements

Before anyone embark to Rockdale, Texas to work. Be sure to check the quality of the renting units in the State. One of my advice is to check the Better Business Bureau. I can tell you that renting from this one apartment in Rockdale is one heck of a place to rent from. You got landlords, (right!) be sure you can get the right one. The one I have currently is an alcoholic, lying, irresponsible with money causing wide disturbance. He had the police called on him for disturbing the peace. You have got to understand that his behavior constituted the State of Texas visiting him over his inappropriate behavior. If you are a woman who seeks to relocate to this redkneck town, You are better off getting a man to stand by you. One particular landlord who owns his own work place plus runs the apartments love to work people plus not paying labor. He loves to loan out money, but forgets to remember that he was paid back more than once in the same denomination.

1. Be sure to as previous tenants to get some feedback on the way this particular landlord treated others.

2. West Gate is not the place to live because of the high crime rate. From parties, to drug abuse. Lots of police calls have been made because of loud noises.

3. Count on the delays when needing something fixed. Used icebox, stove, or etc. the manager is quick to get his rent, but not quick to have anything fixed.

4. The manager of the complexes is irresponsible with the cash money when it comes to collection of rent monies. He misplaces the bag to make everyone think he lost money and have keys made.

5. you have to literally guard your privacy when it comes to living in the units. windows are caulked shut thus forbidden air to come in when needed to open the windows in the summer time.

6. Females, do not ask the manager to fix anything broken, because he will ask you to move everything out then have all furniture replaced, then wanting to charge 1400.00 rent. This is for a two bedroom apt.

I have lost all of my respect into this manager.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 12:04 AM

7 posts, read 19,678 times
I lived in Rockdale and I don't think I saw one nice looking apartment complex in that entire town.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:07 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,440,049 times
Thank you for resurrecting an over three year old post (which would have been better placed in the appropriate state forum anyway) to share your own observation. If I ever think of moving to Rockdale TX I'll be sure to bear it all in mind.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:30 AM

42 posts, read 83,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docryan8404 View Post
I lived in Rockdale and I don't think I saw one nice looking apartment complex in that entire town.
I know you seen other nice apartment complexes, They want to much money to rent them units. Oh one more thing, when alcoa was having the construction, the prices of everything went up, from groceries to general hardware. Now guess what, Look at the trailer park. Look around you in town, What do you see? Same snobby high class citizens bent on bullying outsiders who wants a piece of the small town. Guess this out, many people should be made aware of the conditions of the apartment next to Carquest. From the landlord manager unlocking the door to help himself into the unit, to him demanding that a tenant do service to him without rights to live. I refuse to acknowledge that a tenant should be abused. Now, on the same token, don't get me wrong, apartment units are nice, in fact, very nice. They want high $$ for rent, like 600 - 800 a month. People are making close to 400 bux full time at a fast food place, not to count that working at Low place mart aka wal mart, You do not get to move up in the store due to class. You will find that Rockdale is not a great town. People have bad customer service, one more thing, customer service is imploding in the town.

I give Rockdale another 20 years, It should be a ghost town. I should see Thorndale climbing on up in the status then.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:31 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,440,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneofrefuge View Post
I know you seen other nice apartment complexes, They want to much money to rent them units. Oh one more thing, when alcoa was having the construction, the prices of everything went up, from groceries to general hardware. Now guess what, Look at the trailer park. Look around you in town, What do you see? Same snobby high class citizens bent on bullying outsiders who wants a piece of the small town. Guess this out, many people should be made aware of the conditions of the apartment next to Carquest. From the landlord manager unlocking the door to help himself into the unit, to him demanding that a tenant do service to him without rights to live. I refuse to acknowledge that a tenant should be abused. Now, on the same token, don't get me wrong, apartment units are nice, in fact, very nice. They want high $$ for rent, like 600 - 800 a month. People are making close to 400 bux full time at a fast food place, not to count that working at Low place mart aka wal mart, You do not get to move up in the store due to class. You will find that Rockdale is not a great town. People have bad customer service, one more thing, customer service is imploding in the town.

I give Rockdale another 20 years, It should be a ghost town. I should see Thorndale climbing on up in the status then.
Too bad you're reading-impaired. See previous recent posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting