Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 10:37 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,241 times

Advertisements

Renters:

What type of pet do you have? dog, whippet mix

Did you find it easy to locate a rental with your pet? no, not at all

What are three most reasons for being denied? just "no pets"

Have you ever had to give up your pet in order to find a place to live? No, but we did end up rehoming one of our dogs because our landlord lied to us verbally about allowing them inside and things went from bad to worse with them in the yard and it was too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 12:11 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,806,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalPitgal View Post
Renters:

What type of pet do you have? Two cats, caged pets (guinea pigs)

Did you find it easy to locate a rental with your pet? Yes, very easy in my area. Most places don't care about the caged pets and while I have to pay fees for the cats, the majority of places accept them.

What are three most reasons for being denied? I've never been denied. I make sure that any rentals I'm interested in will accept my pets and I don't look for anything above my means.

Have you ever had to give up your pet in order to find a place to live? No, and I wouldn't do that. I'm the one who got them, so I will take care of them.

I am collecting this data for a new business venture I am considering. Thank you all for your help. I appreciate any responses you would like to provide.
Answers bolded above.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:21 PM

324 posts, read 271,195 times
Quote:
[b]

Renters:

What type of pet do you have? Dog, Great Dane

Did you find it easy to locate a rental with your pet? Yes and no, I own my camper and full time. Only been turned away once due to size of dog.

What are three most reasons for being denied? No pets, size of dog. I usually check websites before visiting campground, cuts down on issues.

Have you ever had to give up your pet in order to find a place to live? Oh Hell no, I will simply move on since my home is very mobile....
See Bold above.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:22 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
..........I am collecting this data for a new business venture I am considering. ...........
I'm interested in hearing about this business venture if you'd like to share.

Maybe if we heard what it is, we might be able to offer further advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting