Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 10:08 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,613,667 times

Advertisements

just go over and tell her to stay out of your garage, you belong there, and tell her youll call the police if she doesnt listen
then call the police if it happens again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 10:29 AM

28,455 posts, read 85,326,011 times
Default By any chance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakdady View Post
Hello all!

I live in San Francisco. In a 4 unit flat with a large garage. I rent out every single parking spot in the garage.
The laundry and trash are also in there.

I have a neighbor that does not like me, she goes into my area looking around and poking and prodding in my area and she has no business being there. The laundry and garbage are in a completely different area.
Question is, can I get her for trespassing? It's my rented area and no one else's. At the very least, can I tell her to not go into my area anymore, legally?

... is the OP named Francis?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMtvnAmfuf8

The situation sounds like the OP is just nutty and the "neighbor that does not like" the OP probably is just creeped out by the fact that ONE PERSON IS RENTING THE WHOLE FOUR SPACE GARAGE...

If I were the landlord of this building I would tell OP that sounds to be a peevish tenant to LIGHTEN UP -- the cameras are OVERKILL and nobody is going to do anything to their "stuff". The assumption is this "stuff" is all perfectly safe, legal items that are normally kept in a garage -- cars, motorcycles, bicycles, tools. If there is other "stuff" that makes more sense to store in a "you lock it" I, as landlord, would encourage the OP to consider putting someplace that ONLY they have access to...

I would also tell the other tenant that it is impolite to be poking and prodding with another tenant's "stuff" -- if anything were to be damaged / go missing the police would likely have her at the top of the list of suspects...

Sheesh, it is like squabbling toddlers! "SO help me, if you two keep it up I will pull this car over and you will both be sorry!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting