Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2016, 10:38 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,169,212 times

Advertisements

What do you all think about a Real Estate Agent who helps a couple, upside down and really badly behind in their mortgage payments, by getting them a renter. She arranged it all and helped them get enough rental money to pay off debts and get back on their feet... though for sure they didn't turn the rental money into the bank that carried the loan. Several years of "free" money.

This particular agent keeps sending cards and acting all friendly, as she knows we will be selling our extra house some day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 11:52 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,487,749 times
I'm confused. Are you the person this agent helped? Or are you saying she's slimy because she helped someone else find a renter, and the person she helped didn't use the rental money to pay their mortgage?

Either way, the agent didn't do anything wrong by finding someone a renter. What those people did with their rental income is completely their responsibility.

The agent actually sounds like a go-getter. She's helping people and sending out cards, hoping to land listings. I don't see that the agent did anything unethical. It was the owners who decided how to spend their rental income.

I don't know this agent, so maybe there's more to the story. But, based on what you wrote, that's my take on it.

Old 02-20-2016, 12:27 AM

4,453 posts, read 6,797,640 times
If the bank doesn't want to foreclose, it is on bank. If they are allowed to collect the rent without having to pay back the bank, it is on the legislators and politicians. You said they paid of their debts, so are they "bad" and she helped them get back on their feet. Many desperate people have been victimized by people collecting fees to save their house but only to eventually lose it. She sounds like a solid helper. Don't have the player hate the game.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:46 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,750,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Answers View Post
What do you all think about a Real Estate Agent who helps a couple, upside down and really badly behind in their mortgage payments, by getting them a renter. She arranged it all and helped them get enough rental money to pay off debts and get back on their feet... though for sure they didn't turn the rental money into the bank that carried the loan. Several years of "free" money.

This particular agent keeps sending cards and acting all friendly, as she knows we will be selling our extra house some day.
What's the question.

I think a real estate agent that helps someone get on their feet with not guarantee of a future sale is doing God's work, so to speak.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:47 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,009,922 times
Your post doesn't make any sense. Are the agent or the delinquent homeowner?

If your the agent, don't count your chickens before they hatch, you might not get to sell this house once the bank gets up to speed. Sounds like you're ticked that you're not getting any 'free' money.

If your the homeowner, shame on you for not paying your debt to the bank...no one forced you to buy a house you can't afford. Pay all your debts...not the just ones you feel like paying.

I feel sorry the renter if they weren't told up front that they are in a foreclosure...that would make the agent and the homeowner deadbeats in my book
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting