Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 03:17 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times

Advertisements

OK so she has Asked you to Leave Before the rent was due. Why are you still there? MOVE then take her to court for your deposit IF she has not sent it to you in accordance to the Local Laws. No Where in the USA do you get the Deposit back the same day as you move. My state LL has 30 days to return deposit AFTER you Move out & Leave keys. I not seeing her being the problem. But you not knowing the Local laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 03:18 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNoles2015 View Post
I have consulted with legal professionals. Unless he has a good reason for evicting me i.e selling drugs out of the house she cannot say "You have a week".

Like I said I don't care if I stay or go but I am not going to enable her like her family does and allow her to keep my money.

June is paid for. May I owe on the 27th. She also has a security deposit.

Always the victim. She has a really nice home and at times is a nice woman but that text mail yesterday blew me away.

I don't like seeing people get kicked when they are down and out but the HOA and bank are on her ass and I think she is going to sit and let the bank foreclose unless her mother moves in.

Going to bring a copy of the lease home and my last rent check.
How is June paid, and you owe for May...?

If it were me, I'd get the heck out. Why wait until she accuses you of something, because she sounds like the type. Keep/print her 1 week demand and Take her to small claims court. Take pics after you clean. Go after the security and rent.

Make sure you have a bill or letter with that address...call the police if she locks you out...show them your lease and or a letter addressed to you at that address. good luck.

Don't get up into peoples business like you have with her...you've probably got too much on her and she wants you gone.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:58 AM

56 posts, read 48,090 times
I never got her into her business so STOP making assumptions. She tells me her business mostly when she is drunk.

She spent my security deposit; I asked for a copy of a bank statement showing where the deposit is kept and she could not provide one.

One more time. I paid first and last month's rent so next month is COVERED.

Small claims court? Even if I win I have to collect and she's bankrupt so where is the money coming from?

Old 05-24-2016, 05:01 AM

56 posts, read 48,090 times
Last time I ask for advice on this forum. Bunch of arm chair lawyers.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:26 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times
Quote:
I never got her into her business so STOP making assumptions. She tells me her business mostly when she is drunk.

She spent my security deposit; I asked for a copy of a bank statement showing where the deposit is kept and she could not provide one.

One more time. I paid first and last month's rent so next month is COVERED.

Small claims court? Even if I win I have to collect and she's bankrupt so where is the money coming from?
Then you wouldnt get paid but you never know.

Quote:
You asked and we did give you advice AND you consulted a lawyer you said.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:13 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
It is becoming all to obvious why your LL wants you out. Good luck.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:35 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,806,896 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what you thought you would get here. If you're looking for true legal advice, you probably shouldn't be asking on a forum anyway. You should contact a lawyer, which you did. All you've been doing is whining about your situation for sympathy, which you might have had if not for the fact that you're attacking people who don't agree with you.

Your attitude says quite a lot about you. In any case, I wish you the best of luck with your situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting