Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:46 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,579,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calif View Post
It is very unfortunate that we can't edit our own posts. She should have been able to edit her first post so that she doesn't keep getting these replies to a situation she is no longer in.
Well technically, proper forum etiquette is to not only read the first post.....but all subsequent posts on the thread as well. In doing so, you can see any updates along the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 12:12 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,194,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_47_00 View Post
You must be a looker! Either way, if this is true it is unfortunate.
You have no idea what you're talking about. It doesn't matter what people look like to perverts. What a ridiculously sexist comment.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:17 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,176,161 times
Oh god...I had wierdos like this when I was looking for places.
My advice is to wear a dress to interview them before signing anything and talk for at least an hour.

I was interviewing for a house cleaner for free rent position. He also was saying I could bring over all the girls I wanted but that he wasnt crazy about men in the house. Thing that sucked was that it was a totally fabulous pad in Beverly Hills. I almost thought about taking a chance on murder or otherwise if I could die in a place like that.
LOL

Perverts are everywhere!

Old 03-11-2008, 01:29 AM

324 posts, read 1,702,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Well technically, proper forum etiquette is to not only read the first post.....but all subsequent posts on the thread as well. In doing so, you can see any updates along the way.
Unfortunately, the people that need to know "proper forum etiquette" won't see your post.

Oh and you can't edit your posts after approx. an hour I think.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:22 AM

22 posts, read 48,664 times
Now that you are out of this situation I would report it to the authorities because sure enough he will be renting to other unexpected females and someone could get hurt. I am very glad that you are safely away from him.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:46 AM

288 posts, read 1,550,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about. It doesn't matter what people look like to perverts. What a ridiculously sexist comment.
Take a joke!

Old 03-18-2008, 07:08 AM

362 posts, read 772,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemused_heart View Post
Really!!!

The only thing he would be getting a chance at is raping you as he hinted at when warning to to watch out for things swimming up stream....
I don't recommend any woman renting from a guy who lives alone and rents rooms, nor do I men(he could be gay for all I know). If they live in the same house or the same residence, then you shouldn't be there. Should you decide to move there becuase of "circumstances beyond my control" well, then that's you.
Should've moved the second you felt that creepy feeling about him, but you didn't so...........go figure.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:38 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,491,703 times
But it's OK to rent from a woman? That's ridiculous and unfair to the many perfectly normal men in America.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:15 AM

362 posts, read 772,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
But it's OK to rent from a woman? That's ridiculous and unfair to the many perfectly normal men in America.
I've lived in rooms where the man was either trying to hit on me or he was gay and although he said he wasn't attracted to me, he still hit on me. go figure. I say this from experience. You don't have to agree with me, but I wouldn't trust a man renting to a woman. sorry, but you could be one of those men trying to make yourself look innocent.

AND women can't overpower a man, but then again, if a woman rents it's becuase she's married or too old to be looked at in such a manner so as to be raped. come on, now. Don't play dumb. Yes, it's a generalization, but I'm sure most folks in here agree with me

Old 04-02-2008, 11:09 AM

17,997 posts, read 9,010,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni4 View Post
I just moved to Maryland(solomons area). I found a place- the owner of the house was looking for housemates for his 3 bedroom house, he seemed like an odd but nice older man. I tried getting ahold of other roommate who spends all her time at her boyfriends, but I couldn't. I went ahead and signed the lease on Monday(2/11) and moved in later that night-I don't travel with alot of stuff- He continued to become more and more creepy. He is always wanting to take me out to dinner, wanted to take me to a concert, follows me around the house, Keeps telling me that the is takeing applications for girlfriends(I talk about my boyfriend as much as possible as a gentle hint and say no to the applications), he has recently started to tell me stories of sexual conquests and such, yesterday he admitted that he was a house nudist(I became so appalled at this declaration that he started backpeddling), sent me a repulsive email at work about how he liked to give and receive massages and to watch out for "fun things" that like to swim upstream....I finnally meet the other roommate today(2/15) (yes all this is happening in 5 days)and not only did she confirm what a creep and pervert he is but told me of the many times she saw him walking around the house naked. He rents only to women and we think he is doing this as a way to get girlfriends and/or sex. I have started to avoid going home and lock myself in my bedroom at night and lock myself in the bathroom whenever I shower or need to use the toilet. I am stuck in a 3 month lease and I heard that I can break it in this type of sexual harrasement situation. I need to get away from this guy! I need some advice.
i would say move out of there as soon as possible dont worry about the lease i know people who have been stuck in similiar situations you will probably have to go to court over it but i can guarantee you the court will rule in your favor! that guy is NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting