Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2016, 08:14 PM

27 posts, read 31,613 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My neighbor was evicted about 3 weeks ago. The condo is owned by an HOA, which is not the one that manages the complex. They put up a yellow sticker that said "keep out" on it. The hOA then came back, took the sticker off, and let the neighbor back in again.

This was after she and her harem of about 5-6 guys, had slashed all the tires on both my and my husband's cars. So they proceeded to slash 3 more tires, and then throw fireworks in our patio at 2 am.

I filed the police report on them, and the police came out and trespassed the harem off the property. She herself was not present for this, so she was not officially trespassed off.

Today some officers came out, went inside, and it seemed like they were looking around for her outside. The constable did not come to secure the place. The security guard was told by the HOA that owns it, that first they have to trespass this woman off the property, then get the constable and the locksmith to come out together.

And she and her friends are still coming in and out, getting their stuff, putting it in bags, and walking off.
I think they may just be moving into another unit here in the complex.

These people are a danger to us - and Friday is coming up with no security guard on the midnight shift.

My question is, is this true: Why can't they secure the place without trespassing her off? It seems to me that they could. I'm sure lots of people have the constable come out and get them out, without trespassing them too.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 10:31 PM

27 posts, read 31,613 times
Here's another thought: The guy from the HOA told the security guard that he wants the guard to call him, and that he himself will then call the police to come out to trespass her.

Here's how that worked out today: She was sitting in her car all morning, and then this HOA guy came out with the police in the afternoon. And they could not find her. Hmmmm....

It occurs to me that maybe it's not this condo owner's place to tell the guard when and when not to call the police , right?

It was the police who came out and trespassed these other guys out of there, after he had already let them all back in.
It is the police who want her trespassed out of there, not him.

The condo owner has already let her stay there for months without paying, and even tried to get her to come back to work for him on the first attempt at eviction.

So what do you think? Perhaps I should bypass them all and warn the police myself when I see her around.

PS: I'm in Nevada.

Last edited by iditarod656; 07-13-2016 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: In Nevada

Old 07-14-2016, 03:40 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,271,700 times
Location???

Old 07-14-2016, 07:45 AM

3,461 posts, read 4,698,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Location???
Post #2 says Nevada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting