Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 10:02 PM

30,566 posts, read 18,069,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I fully support this.
As do I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 10:09 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,386,974 times
I'd love to see that enforced where I live. Disgusts me how the poop is everywhere. The new managers don't pick it up. They just hope the landscapers will grind it up with the lawnmowers, I guess.

It would be fantastic to nail them with a fine and they couldn't plead innocent with the DNA on file. I think it's brilliant. And yes, I have a dog and I always pick up after her. I take her off the property because it's so disgusting. I don't want her picking up some disease or anything.

These types of people also don't treat their dogs for fleas, so the lawn area on the property where they take their dogs to poop and not pick them up - are also flea infested.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:34 PM

439 posts, read 514,989 times
this is a great idea!!!!!!

although they'll have to make sure that all of the dogs are swabbed and they don't miss any visitors.

OP, I assume the $110 covers the cost of the poop DNA test and will not effect your rent going up (key word: assume).

Old 08-27-2016, 04:08 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,212,276 times
I wish we would do this in my HOA. There has been a reappearing pile just off one walking path for a few months now. The landscapers clean it up every few weeks when they hit that area but the owner goes right back to the same spot. If I knew who it was we would fine them $500 per incident.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:27 PM

666 posts, read 639,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
So, human rapes & murders go unsolved for decades often times, but they can track down the owners of their dog's poop real fast! This is where part of my high-ass rent is going towards...outrageous!
because your apartment complex could be involved in solving rapes and murders?

Like the idea....

Old 08-28-2016, 12:02 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,386,974 times
Someone's dog actually pooped in the hallway right outside my apt door today and they just left it there!

Fortunately, I didn't step in it. But, grrrr! In the dang hallway, inside the building.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:26 PM

12,704 posts, read 14,876,224 times
OP back. BTW, in case anyone didn't see it, YES, I DO like this idea too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
...And yes, I have a dog and I always pick up after her. I take her off the property because it's so disgusting. I don't want her picking up some disease or anything.

These types of people also don't treat their dogs for fleas, so the lawn area on the property where they take their dogs to poop and not pick them up - are also flea infested.
I don't blame you! Back when I had my dog, I never took him to dog parks because God knows how disgusting the grounds were there. My dog was strictly indoors & of course NOT to imply that my dog is any better than anyone else's dog, but of course I care for him how I want to care for him, so of course I don't want him sick or injured either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburned_in_seattle View Post
this is a great idea!!!!!!

although they'll have to make sure that all of the dogs are swabbed and they don't miss any visitors.

OP, I assume the $110 covers the cost of the poop DNA test and will not effect your rent going up (key word: assume).
Good point! My complex is quite large, so I'm sure many tenants have visitors who bring their visiting dogs too, so when visiting dogs pooh & the owners don't clean up, the leasing office still won't be able to tell whose it is. It's impossible to swab ALL possible visiting dogs too.

Well, I'm sure my high rent helped pay for some part of this. After all, I'm sure the pet DNA company wanted my complex to pay some kind of up-front cost or down payment, etc.
The $110 penalty for each perpetrator will just pay for their own neglect & laziness in not cleaning up their dog & the DNA testing to prove it's theirs.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 08-28-2016 at 12:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting