Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 02:10 PM

13 posts, read 10,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Bingo.
Understood. As I previously stated earlier, the manager has since been replaced by a new one. It was only the previous manager who had spoken with the actual owner about my residency and had stated to me that 'he', the owner, wasn't willing to rent to me again, due to damages of both units as the previous manager had mentioned to him. Although this allegation is completely false, due to apparent personal reasons of the previous managers dislike of me.

Just browsing my options before my lease is up. I appreciate the input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 02:16 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,101,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miselain View Post
Based on my opinion that a Landlord not wanting to rent to me just because he/she doesn't like the color of my hair? Sure, I think that's ridiculous. But I wouldn't be offended by it. I honestly think that's a silly reason, but after reading the comments above, I understand now.

Thanks for the snide remark.
Based on your "completely ridiculous" jab at AZ Manager, and your sarcastic last line quoted above.

My reply had nothing to do with your first paragraph above.

Old 09-06-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Based on your "completely ridiculous" jab at AZ Manager, and your sarcastic last line quoted above.

My reply had nothing to do with your first paragraph above.

I'm pretty sure AZ Manager was just stating an example, to which I replied that that is completely ridiculous. It wasn't a jab at he/she personally, but just an opinion of the example to which he made.

Old 09-06-2016, 02:20 PM

17,397 posts, read 11,963,402 times
Quote:
Oh, I understand that. I'm just curious as to how that's even legal, especially considering I paid my rent on time for 4 years and never once complained, nor had any complaints about me. So, I find it strange that it's okay for my ex, who didn't put in a 30 day notice twice, is able to rent.. though I did everything the legal way AND was a good tenant, but somehow he gets the residency and a job, yet I don't? Doesn't make sense.

But thank you
You said you were late once.

The rest is none of your business.

Why do you even care about any of this anyway?

Old 09-06-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You said you were late once.

The rest is none of your business.

Why do you even care about any of this anyway?
I'm guessing I took it personal when I was denied an apartment when I had lived there for 4 years, did everything legal and was a good tenant. I had returned back to town after 6 months, asked if I was able to rent again, then was denied in January. 2 days after I came back into town, 3 months later was told to contact the owner (advice from family). Did so, was told I left damages even though I have proof I didn't, few month after that, ex moved in and got a job there, after leaving two apartments with no notices to landlord. And also lived with me in both units that were "damaged". See where I'm getting at? He lived with me in both units, is granted a job and apartment, but I'm denied. That's why I asked if there was any recourse for personal issues with a Landlord, but as I've read from others, there is not.

So, this is where I understand the law and how rentals work, move on and leave it be.

Old 09-06-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure AZ Manager was just stating an example, to which I replied that that is completely ridiculous. It wasn't a jab at he/she personally, but just an opinion of the example to which he made.
Let's just agree that we misunderstood each other, and walk away from this under friendly terms.

It all boils down to one thing. Unless you fall into one of the FHA protected classes landlords are not under any legal obligation to rent to you, no matter what the reason or even for no reason at all.

The landlord sounds like a creep to me. I wouldn't want to rent from that landlord after getting the comments you got. Find some place with a nice landlord.

Old 09-06-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Let's just agree that we misunderstood each other, and walk away from this under friendly terms.

It all boils down to one thing. Unless you fall into one of the FHA protected classes landlords are not under any legal obligation to rent to you, no matter what the reason or even for no reason at all.

The landlord sounds like a creep to me. I wouldn't want to rent from that landlord after getting the comments you got. Find some place with a nice landlord.
No worries! I think we did misunderstand each other. And yes, that's what I plan on doing. Everyone has answered my questions. I actually thought Landlords weren't able to do that, but now I know.

And thank you

Old 09-06-2016, 03:03 PM

You're welcome and good luck!

Old 09-06-2016, 04:54 PM

10,746 posts, read 25,995,734 times
It sounds like they don't want to rent to you because it was reported that you left damages in both units. You say you didn't, they say you did. Who's right? Who cares who's right because they have documentation that says they are and that trumps anything you say.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:45 PM

32,626 posts, read 47,939,094 times
They don't want to rent to you, give it up. Were you hoping maybe you could sue them for refusing to rent to you? All by itself that is a very good reason to not rent to you. Maybe you pulled some of that attitude with management. That's enough to keep you out.

Reading your brief complaint I wouldn't rent to you because of your habit of moving unauthorized tenants in and out without notice.

Move on and get on with your life and stop allowing it to eat at you that your old landlord doesn't want you back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting