Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 01:33 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,336,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Not true in AZ and stated in my leases that only persons named upon the lease may live there for any period exceeding 14 days.

I think you have a mistaken idea of "statute of limitations" which generally applies as the period that law enforcement has to bring charges for committing a crime (sometimes based upon the date of the crime, other situations based upon on the date of discovery a crime has been committed).

New York must be a tenant-friendly city or state. AZ is a landlord friendly state. No coincidence my rentals are in AZ. The financials for buying and renting a house in CA make it impossible, mainly due to the high property values and high property taxes. Housing prices in CA are simply unreal!

Some of this discussion could be avoided if the OP had stated which area/locale the property is located in. Laws vary throughout the country. Often if not usually the exact lease or rental contract have major consequences.
But the OP has never seen the original lease and doesn't have a copy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 02:12 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,118,288 times
Exactly. Unless I got confused which topic this is, OP might not even be a tenant in terms of the law. Might be able to just move out and wave bye-bye to landlord.

I'm concerned about the landlord too, but if a landlord handles business affairs in a sloppy way then he has only himself to blame.

Not being personally involved, all I can say is if I were the OP I'd just move and take my own stuff, not leave a forwarding address, skip the bye-bye, and maybe take lots of pictures before leaving as protection against possible unjustified (or even justified) damage claims from landlord.

If tenant has been paying rent by check then he can run but he can't hide.

I'm sure glad I'm not the tenant and not the landlord.

Old 09-17-2016, 03:45 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,225 times
[quote=Lovehound;45516492]Not true in AZ and stated in my leases that only persons named upon the lease may live there for any period exceeding 14 days.

I think you have a mistaken idea of "statute of limitations" which generally applies as the period that law enforcement has to bring charges for committing a crime (sometimes based upon the date of the crime, other situations based upon on the date of discovery a crime has been committed).

New York must be a tenant-friendly city or state. AZ is a landlord friendly state. No coincidence my rentals are in AZ. The financials for buying and renting a house in CA make it impossible, mainly due to the high property values and high property taxes. Housing prices in CA are simply unreal!

Some of this discussion could be avoided if the OP had stated which area/locale the property is located in. Laws vary throughout the country. Often if not usually the exact lease or rental contract have major consequences.[/QUOTE

--------

The only persons the LL could sue regarding the furniture, no matter what happens to it, are the Original Tenants who had a written lease. Those moved out years ago. So, Statute of Limitation would be expired, in case he wants to sue, whom shall he sue for his stuff.

Tenant should just up and leave! Non-communicative LL. since years.

The only contact the tenant has is the LL's address, no phone, no email, no text, etc...

I think the OP did not only leave the house, but also CD and his thread...:-)))

Old 09-17-2016, 03:47 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Exactly. Unless I got confused which topic this is, OP might not even be a tenant in terms of the law. Might be able to just move out and wave bye-bye to landlord.

I'm concerned about the landlord too, but if a landlord handles business affairs in a sloppy way then he has only himself to blame.

Not being personally involved, all I can say is if I were the OP I'd just move and take my own stuff, not leave a forwarding address, skip the bye-bye, and maybe take lots of pictures before leaving as protection against possible unjustified (or even justified) damage claims from landlord.

If tenant has been paying rent by check then he can run but he can't hide.

I'm sure glad I'm not the tenant and not the landlord.
LOL...exactly... nobody can blame anybody!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting