Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 02:50 PM

10,352 posts, read 7,977,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Don't judge him, you don't know his situation.
Actually, pretty much everybody of City Data knows freemkt's situation. He's made very sure of that, as he brings it up in every thread he posts in (and ignores every helpful suggestion he receives).

As for the OP's dilemma: as I doubt the landlord will permit freemrkt to run a dedicated circuit to his room (which really is the best long-term solution), I'd suggest the next-best solution, namely a down comforter. Nothing keeps a sleeper warmer than down! And properly cared for, the down comforter will last for many, many years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 02:53 PM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisgood01 View Post
there but for the grace of god.
god helps those who help themselves as the saying goes .Freemkt does nothing to improve his life despite hundreds of attempts by city data posters to set a spark

Old 10-07-2016, 02:57 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
god helps those who help themselves as the saying goes .Freemkt does nothing to improve hiz life despite hundreds of attempts by city data posters to set a spark
Sad, but true.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:20 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
What you don't seem to understand is that the market is you and you are willing to pay what you are to live in the condition you are. The market penalty is when you get off your lazy butt and move. Those are your options.

If you want I could find a good rental for you at your desired price. Won't be in your area because you are clearly living WAY above your meager means. I told another poster this a few weeks ago who was complaining about having to get a roommate.

Time to grow up princess.

??? ??? In these parts, a lot of people are in worse positions and literally cannot afford to move.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
If building violations are happening then the rooming house should be shut down. That house has an electrical service that is adequate for a home of its size. If they are violating building codes by misusing the property you should be evicted for being in an ileagal apartment and the place shut down.

: smack:

Given a choice between living in substandard housing and being homeless, it's a nobrainer for most people.

If I am evicted as a result of the misfeasance of others, do I get compensation?

Old 10-07-2016, 08:45 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
Quote:
Don't judge him, you don't know his situation. Why must you think you are better than everyone else?
The person has openly documented their entire existence so we are well in a position to judge. It comes down to the person consciously choosing to live, work and exist in the bowels of the slime yet taking every chance to blame everyone but themselves for the misery they picked. This is not a case of circumstance forcing itself on their life, no they picked this existence. They can step out of it if they want but the choice is to remain because that is where they like being.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:40 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,029,485 times
Quote:
Don't judge him, you don't know his situation. Why must you think you are better than everyone else?
Actually, anyone that's been on this board for any period of time is intimately familiar with his situation.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
There IS a minimum expectation, and I'm guessing from your post, this place isn't meeting it. You expect more than you're getting.

Do you think the owners of this home are likely to embark on the extensive remodel it would take to remedy the situation in this overcrowded house? - With all of you still living there?

Your best option is to move.

Why do you think the house is overcrowded, and why do you think the residents haven't already moved?

Like rents are high and availability is low.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Why do you have a cell phone charger?

Because the phone is unusable without it and other people hassle me when they cannot reach me by phone.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:25 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Because the phone is unusable without it and other people hassle me when they cannot reach me by phone.
People?

What kind of phone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting