Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 06:50 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
If we all just turned a cheek at every crime (or suspicion of one) we would be in a seriously sorry situation over all. People can remain anonymous when reporting such things to the police/drug enforcement, etc.

OP, why don't you speak with your HOA about the issue and let them address it/investigate? I would assume you are paying for the sec guard service in your HOA fees and obviously the HOA is the one responsible for hiring them.
This is a better idea.

The HOA will report the problem to the branch manager, who will get him replaced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 04:20 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
This is a better idea.

The HOA will report the problem to the branch manager, who will get him replaced.
Or they are in public /low income housing. The complexes like that around here all have police/security guards on site 24/7 because of the 'nature' of these kinds of places.

If the OP does have an HOA, they can try and reach out, but don't be surprised if they don't respond. Most HOAs won't deal with tenants beyond the credit/background check and issuing fines, but they should make contact anyway.

The OP is assuming they saw a drug deal..maybe they did, maybe they didn't. Lots of assuming going on...and if the OP doesn't like the way things are going, they are always free to move.

As for the issue of noise: parties and whatnot, they can call the police if they feel the on site security is worthless.

Old 11-01-2016, 07:30 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Or they are in public /low income housing.
Yup. No way a condo with an HOA is allowing this kind of thing to go on.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:39 AM

245 posts, read 291,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iditarod656 View Post
rah and katie1, thank you I will.

What about question 1, any thoughts?

br1n: It's a drug deal done in public, where the drugs are passed from one hand to another hand.

convextech: Thanks! I'll go start a gofundme page. Want to donate to my moving expenses?
Are you sure it was drugs? A lot of people do that sort of discrete "hand to hand" pass just for fun with things like keys, lunch money, and gum.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:50 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Thanks! I'll go start a gofundme page. Want to donate to my moving expenses?
Can you get a 2nd job for awhile to save up some money so you can move. Your complex sounds awful. Get yourself out of there if you have to work 3 jobs.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
convextech: Thanks! I'll go start a gofundme page. Want to donate to my moving expenses?
You know, I actually considered it, so I did some research. I found that you have been given advice on this matter since the summer of 2015, and everyone has suggested you get out.

You've paid thousands of dollars in repairing smashed windows, smashed sliding glass doors, slashed tires, and other vandalism, in retaliation for you calling the police and trying to get a restraining order against your neighbors. I guess if you can afford to pay all of that, you don't need help moving.

It does makes me wonder what you are getting out of staying, though.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:48 AM

27 posts, read 31,621 times
@convextech: I'm suspicious unless I take your advice? And no, it has not been thousands of dollars.

You are very presumptuous.

*Everyone* has not suggested I get out.

Please try to get your facts straight.

Now, I started this thread specifically to talk about the problem with the guard,
and that is it.

Thanks to those who stayed on topic!

Old 11-05-2016, 10:17 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
You've been complaining about your neighbors and where you live since 06/2015. It's now time for you to move.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:14 PM

27 posts, read 31,621 times
Get a clue, this topic is about the security guard.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Get a clue, this topic is about the security guard.
Get a gun, this topic is about your entire condo being full of drug addicts, including your security guards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting