U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:49 AM

1,572 posts, read 2,922,692 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used Merry Maids to do a final clean of your apartment? If so, how were they and was the price reasonable?

I'm moving soon and don't have the time to clean my place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 12:16 PM

1,657 posts, read 2,154,542 times
Not sure what state your in but in CA they are way over priced. It was something like a 2 hour minimum @ $70 an hour.
Of course, this wasn't for an apartment, it was for my home. A final cleaning is probably going to run you more.

I found my cleaner on www.Craigslist.com She's great and cheaper.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:27 PM

2,238 posts, read 6,449,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Not sure what state your in but in CA they are way over priced. It was something like a 2 hour minimum @ $70 an hour.
Of course, this wasn't for an apartment, it was for my home. A final cleaning is probably going to run you more.

I found my cleaner on www.Craigslist.com She's great and cheaper.
Is she bonded? I wouldn't let anyone that isn't bonded set foot in my house to clean it...

Old 02-26-2008, 12:31 PM

19 posts, read 20,650 times
Be careful. Merry Maids employs alot of illegal aliens. And I heard that they were reported by wehireillegals.com and that they are on ICE's watchlist for another raid.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:57 PM

1,657 posts, read 2,154,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafirecracker View Post
Be careful. Merry Maids employs alot of illegal aliens. And I heard that they were reported by wehireillegals.com and that they are on ICE's watchlist for another raid.
Yes they do, and yet another reason I wouldn't use them.

Roamin, yes, she is licensed and bonded. I agree, I wouldn't let anyone that's not, into my home.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:53 PM

93 posts, read 336,696 times
does getting bonded mean their company is liable for anything you say is damaged or stolen? how on earth would you prove it anyway ... its not like you document all yoru belongings prior to them stepping in the door.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:29 AM

2,072 posts, read 8,314,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
Has anyone used Merry Maids to do a final clean of your apartment? If so, how were they and was the price reasonable?

I'm moving soon and don't have the time to clean my place
Merry Maids is very expensive and like the above poster, they have a 2 hour minimum. If you don't want to pay to clean your place, I would just let your landlord take it out of the security deposit. It's worth it.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:39 AM

52 posts, read 133,323 times
You could always call and ask the landlord or property management company who they use. I've done that a couple of times and it's always worked out well.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:20 AM

270 posts, read 816,428 times
I just had to respond to this, given my experience with Merry Maids. I had a signed contract for Merry Maids to come in to clean my house on a Friday morning. We were having a big party on Saturday night. We have a snow storm on Thursday, but by Friday all the roads are clear. They call and say they have to reschedule for Saturday due to the weather. OK, if they really feel the weather is bad, that's fine.

Saturday morning I leave the house with the key under the mat (as previously arranged) and go run errands. I come back at 2pm, and they haven't been to my home. Party starts at 6pm. I frantically call and leave messages - but of course it's Saturday, no one is in the office. They never show up. I had to clean the entire house (with two toddler hanging on me), cook all the food, and get ready for the party in 4 hours. It was a nightmare.

I repeatedly called and left messages, wrote letters, and got no response. This is not a professional organization. I have neighborhood teens that are more reliable. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE if you have any kind of timeline because they will let you down!

Old 02-27-2008, 01:08 PM

1,572 posts, read 2,922,692 times
Thanks everyone. Because of this thread I decided to go with a local company.

Yes, they're bonded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting