Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 01:50 PM

1,523 posts, read 3,891,099 times

Advertisements

My complex got a fairly poor rating, however, we moved there anyway and after a month, still not a lot to complain about. We talked to other tenants since then and most had not too much bad to stay. A few had been there several years and were only moving out because of job relocation or found a house to buy, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,314 times
We used to live 1.5 year in this apartmentas a nice family...This is 5.apartment in NC.We used to live in Franklin woods apt,their management and others was excellent.We think,..This manager does not eligible for this job..she is the worst manager ever seen before.Begening of May,june,july.. ,if yo live in this apartment everywhere ant!!!!in you kitchen..in your foods...in your bath rook,bad room,.. you have to share your apartment with roach!!!ant!! and small mice.you have to learn it....Everywhere very dirty carpet.... even rest room and bathroom covers with dirty horrable carpet..If your air condation is broken,they looks like repair)))) never spend money ))swimmind pool always dirty...you have to clean by your self ,I wouldn't recoment swim child..in .this poolThey get your deposit immediately ,if you get back i/3 part in 2 month you are very very lucky...........I cleaned excellent give them back like other 2 nice family(they used to live there,they have same experience..) we did not refund all,... 1/3 part I can get unfair amount..like others...,I NEVER EVER Recomend this apartment ,mamager especially does not do her job...properly..Safety,they have construction,one night somebody tried open our door,I told manager,she told us they are repairman it can hapen even at night!!!It is not safe place 2008 April they crushed my cars window took valuble GPS Sun Glasses it cost more them 1000$ in same parling place the other car had same robbery too...I have police report.NECER EVER RENT THIS APARTMENT,SORRY..

Old 07-07-2009, 03:10 PM

93 posts, read 437,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsik View Post
We used to live 1.5 year in this apartmentas a nice family...This is 5.apartment in NC.We used to live in Franklin woods apt,their management and others was excellent.We think,..This manager does not eligible for this job..she is the worst manager ever seen before.Begening of May,june,july.. ,if yo live in this apartment everywhere ant!!!!in you kitchen..in your foods...in your bath rook,bad room,.. you have to share your apartment with roach!!!ant!! and small mice.you have to learn it....Everywhere very dirty carpet.... even rest room and bathroom covers with dirty horrable carpet..If your air condation is broken,they looks like repair)))) never spend money ))swimmind pool always dirty...you have to clean by your self ,I wouldn't recoment swim child..in .this poolThey get your deposit immediately ,if you get back i/3 part in 2 month you are very very lucky...........I cleaned excellent give them back like other 2 nice family(they used to live there,they have same experience..) we did not refund all,... 1/3 part I can get unfair amount..like others...,I NEVER EVER Recomend this apartment ,mamager especially does not do her job...properly..Safety,they have construction,one night somebody tried open our door,I told manager,she told us they are repairman it can hapen even at night!!!It is not safe place 2008 April they crushed my cars window took valuble GPS Sun Glasses it cost more them 1000$ in same parling place the other car had same robbery too...I have police report.NECER EVER RENT THIS APARTMENT,SORRY..
Uh?

So anyway, I know this is an older thread, but my overall opinion of apartmentratings.com is that it should be taken with a grain of salt. Obviously, if there are a lot of complaints about, say, a nearby train that comes through all the time keeping the residents awake at night, that's generally something that you can say is a legitimate complaint. But the majority of what I see is upset residents venting. I would take any emotionally charged review with a healthy dose of salt.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 932 times
Disgruntled people are able to get on there and say whatever they want, true or not, for free. You could never possibly know unless you got the person writing the review and the management together at the same time. Managers are not allowed to post a rebuttal unless they pay a lot of money for yearly service, in addition to the fact that they are bound to privacy laws. My thought is that you should take into account how many apartments the community has in it, how spaced out the complaints are (i.e i the complex has several hundred apartments, has been there for 20+ years and only has 30 to 50 reviews), also that apartments are turned over to new resident's once or twice a year and the people that are happy unfortunately seldom feel the need to post a review. I've been standing in the office of my complex listening to people scream, cuss and threaten the employees while they are trying to hold back the tears because they are being treated like common scum. Usually the people are mad because they damaged their own apartment and owe for it, didn't pay their rent on time, are turned over for eviction because they never paid their rent, etc. Remember, the employees can't control what you do at all times, can't control if the police can't stop all crime from happening in your complex or in the area and they work for someone. They have to follow the rules too because they, like you, need their job to live. How would you like to be treated like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting