Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 10:03 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I'll tell you why it matters. I have a pet. If someone opens the door and my pet runs out, I may never see her again.

Believe me, it matters.
I would NEVER leave my Animals alone for 3 Days! I would take them with me or Board them or have people look in on them! & I would let Everyone Neighbors LL know I was gone in case of Fire!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 07:51 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I would NEVER leave my Animals alone for 3 Days! I would take them with me or Board them or have people look in on them! & I would let Everyone Neighbors LL know I was gone in case of Fire!

Old 01-03-2017, 09:25 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
You mean a pet that you aren't supposed to have there?
If your lease allows you to have a pet then the landlord is aware of it when they enter.

To OP-I think the op should notified the landlords of expected package and what to do with it. When I expect a package to be delivered when I am gone, I notify the shipper to hold it until I know I will be back.
If your package is sitting there for 3 days outside while you are gone and gets stolen, will you be happier then?
I think that was nice of them to receive your package. It's not like they opened the door and walked around and set it in your bedroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post

Never mind. It's not worth it and it can't be fixed.

Last edited by MyNameIsBellaMia; 01-03-2017 at 09:34 PM..

Old 01-04-2017, 08:05 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,435,560 times
Quote:
If your lease allows you to have a pet then the landlord is aware of it when they enter.
What difference does it make if the Landlord is aware that the dog is there if the dog gets out and won't come back or gets hit by a car?

My LL knows I have a dog but if he's going to be there or have people in there when I'm not I certainly make sure the dog is kenneled.

And Cats on an automatic feeder/waterer are fine for three days. Cats really don't need us.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
What difference does it make if the Landlord is aware that the dog is there if the dog gets out and won't come back or gets hit by a car?

My LL knows I have a dog but if he's going to be there or have people in there when I'm not I certainly make sure the dog is kenneled.

And Cats on an automatic feeder/waterer are fine for three days. Cats really don't need us.
Read the entire thread. The subject pertained to a landlord entering without telling you in advance.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:11 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,435,560 times
Quote:
Read the entire thread. The subject pertained to a landlord entering without telling you in advance.
I know. And depending on the state and the lease the LL can enter without notice.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I know. And depending on the state and the lease the LL can enter without notice.
Then read it again. It was in response to someone saying a landlord can't enter because they had a pet and it might get out and run away. I responded if they had a pet under the lease the landlord would be aware of it. As such they would take reasonable precautions upon entering to make sure the pet didn't get out.
As a landlord I knew which tenants had pets and was always careful to open the doors carefully so the pet didn't bolt out the door as they sometimes would hear you coming and be sitting right at the door.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:31 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Just wanted to add that just because a pet is legit and in the lease doesn't mean they'll know and/or care. I have a cat that I'm allowed to have and every time someone comes in while I'm not here I have to lock her up in a bedroom because they let her out the first time they came. The guy was a worker who had no clue I had a cat despite the sign on the door. He said "oops, sorry?". Luckily my scaredy cat hung out close to home.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:52 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
You mean the same landlord who buys treats specifically for my dog? The dog that, according to you, she doesn't know I have?

Quote:

Exactly. I either hold my dogs collar or put her in the bedroom before I open the door.

Quote:
Then stop deflecting and accusing people of having pets without the landlord's knowledge.
Quote:
Then read it again. It was in response to someone saying a landlord can't enter because they had a pet and it might get out and run away. I responded if they had a pet under the lease the landlord would be aware of it. As such they would take reasonable precautions upon entering to make sure the pet didn't get out.

And there you go again. It flew right over your head that the thread was about entering WITHOUT THE TENANT'S KNOWLEDGE.

Damn. It must hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Just wanted to add that just because a pet is legit and in the lease doesn't mean they'll know and/or care. I have a cat that I'm allowed to have and every time someone comes in while I'm not here I have to lock her up in a bedroom because they let her out the first time they came. The guy was a worker who had no clue I had a cat despite the sign on the door. He said "oops, sorry?". Luckily my scaredy cat hung out close to home.
Exactly.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
You mean the same landlord who buys treats specifically for my dog? The dog that, according to you, she doesn't know I have?

Exactly. I either hold my dogs collar or put her in the bedroom before I open the door.

Then stop deflecting and accusing people of having pets without the landlord's knowledge.

And there you go again. It flew right over your head that the thread was about entering WITHOUT THE TENANT'S KNOWLEDGE.

Damn. It must hurt!

Exactly.
You are hypersensitive. Note the question mark about the pet when I made that statement.
I'm not deflecting only clarifying the intent of the post-but of course you you seem like the type that always feels persecuted.
If your landlord buys your pet treats, then why are you so worried that he will let the pet out and runaway? He obviously knows there's a dog there. So why post something as stupid as you did about the landlord letting the dog out.
What hurts is idiots like you that make a statement, then make another that makes you look like a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting