Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 08:32 AM

21 posts, read 30,384 times

Advertisements

Lacerta,
Yes, I have learned my lesson the hard way. He sent me pictures of the apartment, I then asked him to send me pictures when the people moved out. He didn't send me pictures of the kitchen or bathroom, I asked for it multiple times. I had planned this move for over one month. It was a classic bait and switch or just bait. I'm a great tenant and appreciate being told the truth as well as being respected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 08:46 AM

It was total misrepresentation. I have complained and asked why this was done almost every day since I've been here. It's unbelievable to me that a well known management company could do something like this. I'm very trusting and this leasing agent sounded very honest and acted like he knew what he was talking about. My emails were kind of irate at time, such as where did this picture come from?

When I moved here, my cable was set up before I moved in per my request, I had a moving company who wasn't about to bring my stuff back to the truck and head nowhere, the management was not around when I moved in, and I also was so stressed out about the dark apartment, it didn't occur to me that this was not the apartment I rented and how I got scammed. I also had my two little dogs. Total nightmare.

When I was offered to move to another apartment, the manager said the price would not be the same, and I would be responsible for moving my furniture. She didn't even know what was available. She was and is totally unresponsive to what I was and am going through. She makes it sound as though it is my problem and no error on their part. She speaks over me and doesn't listen to me or understand what I am going through.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:23 PM

35 posts, read 28,051 times
You should have looked at the home. I rented to a couple from Nebraska. They drove to Michigan to see the place. Take some responsibility. The hot water is "unlimited". You just have to wait for it to warm up. lol

Old 03-16-2017, 03:43 PM

5,048 posts, read 9,609,950 times
You say "another" ADA apartment. So that is what your current one is that is not good? So you want an ADA apartment? If so you can complain big time for that. Fair housing is usually very supportive.

Go here for Philly and the topic is something about rentals:

City of Philadelphia: Fair Housing Commission

Old 03-16-2017, 04:16 PM

35 posts, read 28,051 times
Take some responsibility. You should have driven or flown in, to see the property. I rent to people from Nebraska, they drove into Michigan to see the place. It seems you do have "unlimited" hot water to me. It may be inconvenient to wait for it to heat up but you find that with any water heater.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:02 PM

Great news! I asked for the corporate office number via email. The lovely regional manager called me ASAP.

He is offering me the apartment in the picture on a higher floor, crediting my account for the 1st month free rent I was suppose to get, and giving me the apartment at the same price with the same increase of rent when the lease needs to be renewed.

The apartment is light and airy, not an ADA apartment :-(, has cabinets like the picture, yay! I will make up my mind this weekend, need to assess the noise level. He's even providing me with a brand new dryer! I'm so happy because I really love this apartment building. The regional manager was so apologetic and understood exactly what happened (a complete screwup).

Thanks guys for all your advise and help. Your support meant a lot to me. Yes, hopefully I stay here for a while, but if not, will definitely check out an apartment before I move in. Although, sometimes that doesn't even help unless you sleep over a night to make sure it's the same as when you viewed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting