Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 04:47 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,486,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXGal View Post
Doesn't making an attempt to pay be considered into anything?

Truthfully no. Unless the LL is willing to take partial payment throughout the month and forgive late fees. But regardless you're still late. So if rent is due on the 1st and you're paying 1/2 rent and two weeks later coming up with the other 1/2 rent you're still late and have added late fees. For some reason people seem to have a issue understanding that when rent is due on the 1st it's due paid in full unless arrangements are made and LL agrees) . After the due date it's late and you may incur late fees past a agreed upon date. When you make a new payment next month part of that rent is applied to the unpaid past late fee. And now the rent is short. AND late if you're doing another 1/2 payment. So you can see it doesn't take much to go deep in fees. They just keep piling up.

I've dealt with the attempt to pay tenants. It was a headache. Thank you but no thank you. I'm holding up my end of the bargain you need to also. If you can't tell me and leave. And it's pretty maddening when tenant can't pay rent in full but pulls up in a brand new 40k truck. Yes it happened.

My income was the only income considered into the rent cause my husband lost his job at the time we stared paying half and half. Yes there is more to the story, but what else do you all want to know? They are now suing us for money that we already paid them and they do their books once a month. So were is the other half of my money going towards? That's what I want to know! How is this not going to be in our favor come the arbitration hearing?

Regardless of who lost what job, the lessecstates rent us due on x date? Does it state anywhere you can split the rent payment? What is your late fee structure? One time amount or daily late fee until paid in full? I bet the charges are all late fees. Your payment was going to paying late fees from previous months so you never caught up with the actual rent.
How long have you been doing the 1/2 1/2 payment. Did the LL agree to the payment schedule?

Nobody here called you a lowlife. Your story isn't told in full

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXGal View Post
how do i delete this thread?
You can't, it's online forever or until the zombie apocalypse happens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 06:04 PM

5 posts, read 4,179 times
You say the landlord cant do basic math, but you can construct a basic sentence

Old 05-12-2017, 07:59 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,027,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainz634 View Post
You say the landlord cant do basic math, but you can construct a basic sentence
Ha ha neither can't you apparently.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:13 AM

600 posts, read 565,953 times
If you have proof that you paid, there is no need to worry.

If the landlord is claiming you only paid half, then there needs to be a trail of late notices, etc etc. Some type of warning, conversation, anything.

Also, never hand a landlord money w/o getting a receipt in return. This would save you all the headaches you are going through.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:18 AM

22,663 posts, read 36,747,725 times
Why are you so worried if you paid your rent and fees in full and have documentation? If you owe the $2400 you're going to have to pay that. No one knows why they are suing you for $10,000 or if they have a chance of collecting because you aren't telling the full story.
You're worried because you know you owe the $10K.

I'm handling a claim right now with a person like you. She lied about the way the accident happened and the other party has dash cam video. Well, surprise, surprise now she's worried about what the video shows. She keeps saying "what if it shows the accident happened the way they said, even though that's not how it happened?" This habitual liar legit can't understand that the video can't lie. It is amazing to listen to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting