Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 10:12 PM

14,483 posts, read 12,114,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Building manager mouthed eviction to me!!!
Pretty sure that's not a real eviction. I think they'll have to actually take you to court first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 10:26 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,995,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer132 View Post
I'm more concerned about the threat of eviction.
They won't evict over this. They would be hard pressed to make a case for eviction unless you when all Charlie Manson on them.

The most likely outcome is your lease won't be renewed. So, at the end of this lease, you pretty much know you'll be moving. And, you can say goodbye to any glowing recommendation to a future landlord.

I'm not going to say mouthing "Eviction" was a mature and professional response, but, you have to admit, you were pretty idiotic in how you handled this. I mean seriously, do you not see how you created drama from nothing?

Old 06-20-2017, 10:56 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
The manager did tell OP that the problem was being worked on. What else is it her job to do? Make OP a cup of hot cocoa? It's no one's job to stop their conversation and hold the hand of a person who can't understand that the power is out to the whole area and it is the electric company, and only the electric company, who can fix it.

The manager is not anyone's personal therapist, there to get them through every personal crisis. Her job was to call the power company, which she did and the power company was working on it. That's the limit of the manager's job under this particular scenario.

My tenants are all on a month to month agreement and if any of my tenants cursed at me and flipped me the bird, they would get their notice to vacate right then and there. OP has a lease, so she won't be told to move until her lease expires.
I had a feeling that using profanity could result in being asked to vacate so I always maintained my composure when dealing with the landlord no matter how angry I was about a certain issue.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:01 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Since it's summer time I would definitely have to check into a hotel if the power was out for a long period of time since there would be no fan or air conditioner in my apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting