Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 09:26 PM

18 posts, read 44,898 times

Advertisements

When it was my first month living here, my PM was prompt to answering calls & texts. Now she reads my texts and waits weeks to respond back or will text me right away 'busy will speak to you later', & never end up calling or texting me back! She has an iphone too, so i can tell when she reads my messages.

Last time i texted her, which was June 25th, i asked her if i should send her a check, or does she have another portal link to send me so i can pay my rent. I wasn't able to log into my account on their website so i needed an answer. July 1st comes, which is rent due day, & i still get no reply so i text her again ' how would you like me to send the money'. She then sends me a new link to make a whole new account, but did it really need to take her a week to reply to my simple message?

Another instance is when i needed someone to come over to fix my dishwasher. She kept texting ' will call you thursday' , thursday comes & still no call.

My year lease expires next week and i would like to sign a new lease agreement & send her a deposit for a puppy , but she's taking a long time to respond back to that request as well. She will either not reply to me at all, or text 'busy will chat later' but then weeks will pass & still no communication. How should i handle this?

Last edited by lovebal; 07-10-2017 at 09:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 10:07 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,468,507 times
she may not want to renew the lease... maybe the calls/texts were too much of a headache

Old 07-10-2017, 10:35 PM

Ah i prepared myself for a troll comment like that lol. I have no more than 3 or 4 questions i've asked her through text, in a YEAR. I text & wait for a response. I either get no reply, she'll say a particular day she'll call but never end up doing it, or just an automated iphone message that says 'busy will talk later' .

Old 07-10-2017, 10:53 PM

903 posts, read 854,850 times
Love,

How big of a complex do you live in? Does she manage other properties?

Old 07-10-2017, 11:28 PM

I rent a big single family house, not a complex. She's a realtor with a management company, manages home rentals throughout the city & sells homes as well. Pets are allowed at this property, my cat lives here. When i first moved in she asked me to give her notice if i wanted any other pets, so i can pay for the deposit.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:32 AM

32,480 posts, read 47,415,214 times
Your lease is ending and you are not happy there.

You can not force your landlord to answer messages promptly. It is a poor business practice,but still nothing you can do to make the landlord more responsive.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:24 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,395,367 times
She doesn't like you as a tenant and is giving you not so subtle hints.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:52 AM

903 posts, read 854,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
She doesn't like you as a tenant and is giving you not so subtle hints.
^^^this. Or she is a typical realtor/broker that is lazy and incompetent. It seems like you are giving her a ver long leash. I wouldn't be satisfied cooling my jets for a few weeks waiting for a reply. I'd be a little bit more squeaky.

On the flip side, my best landlord ever would take a while to get back to me on stuff. The dude was just super busy and my issues were lower on the totem pole. I rolled with the punches and only forced his attention for big issues. He not only let me out of my lease early when I had an accepted offer on a house, he returned my full security deposit. All he requested is that I find a new tenant that was acceptable and had similar qualities (credit/criminal/eviction). I did.

I do my best to emulate his business practices with my rental business.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:47 PM

2,775 posts, read 3,728,798 times
You are definitely NOT alone OP. My house had an attempted break in (of which I stopped before he entered) about 3 months ago. I emailed my LL/PM with photos and a copy of the incident report number from the police. It took him two weeks to respond to my email saying he will repair the damage done. That was three months ago. It is like this with just about everything. Dishwasher breaks? Wait a month. Stove fritzed out? Maybe two months. This is just to receive A RESPONSE. It took my LL a good YEAR to fix my gate to the backyard. Renting sucks.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:14 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,382,000 times
Wink hmmm...

Since you're not knocking on her door can only assume it's not that important to you...hope you're packed and ready to go.
Koale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting