Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 11:35 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,129,314 times

Advertisements

With so many noisy/bad neighbor threads, thought it would be fun to hear about the best neighbors you have had while renting.

The first place I ever rented was a 4 unit 2 story condo. We all had corner yards and one unit was the reverse floor plan of mine so our stairs shared a wall. A young couple lived there. They had a puppy as did I.

One day I came home to find not only my dog but theirs greeting me at my front door. Some how our puppies managed to chew a hole completely through the wall on the first landing going up the stairs. I almost died when I saw that!

We ended up having a really nice maintenance man come to check out the damage after informing the office of the damage. Amazingly enough we were not held responsible for the damage because there was supposed to be a firewall between each unit and obviously there wasn't one.

The best part was that our dogs loved each other and we thought it would be really cool if we could just keep the hole there until one of us moved. The office said yes and I ended up becoming really good friends with that couple!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 12:22 PM

34,091 posts, read 82,464,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
With so many noisy/bad neighbor threads,
thought it would be fun to hear about the best neighbors you have had while renting.
Wanna hear about the hippie chick nudist who liked to visit and share her weed?
She was a great neighbor.

Old 12-07-2017, 05:14 PM

497 posts, read 416,425 times
Believe it or not but it was our super at an old place. They listened and noticed when I finished washing the dishes then there would be a knock at our door and it was them. They said "that they want to visit us and drink some tea", so I got the kettle out and we all sat down and had nice conversations.

They would do this about once every month.

Old 12-07-2017, 05:16 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,715,102 times
the owners of a two family house that we rented. we're still friends 20 years later. great people.

Old 12-07-2017, 05:26 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,152,708 times
After owning a home and having awful neighbors move in next door, and renting condo on a canal with loud obnoxious neighbors and boats, we moved into a 3 story townhouse (warily) so nobody over us. I liked it because is is an end unit--neighbors on one side. For the last two years we had fabulous neighbors. It was a couple with two little kids and these were the quietest neighbors we have ever seen. Never heard a peed at all. The little kids were adorable and polite and put to bed early. The parents were extremely quiet. Loved them.

Unfortunately they moved out, but we had two months of nobody living there. Someone with out of state plates just moved in (it is officially season in Fla) but so far he's been very quiet. It seems to be a young guy alone, but haven't seen him leave much during the day or night, and it is a very expensive 3-bedroom rental for a single person without a job.

So we are waiting for the other shoe to drop. Roommates? His family from NJ? Barking dog coming? I saw him carrying a really odd looking thing like a large black battery in the other day. Now I'm paranoid that the reason he is being so quiet is that he's a terrorist--Lol. On the other hand, it could be a quiet guy who works remotely from home on a computer.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:08 AM

18,082 posts, read 18,681,854 times
The best neighbors are the ones I never hear nor see.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:34 AM

8,452 posts, read 14,951,941 times
Once lived in a building with 6 apartments, about 20 people, and we all became friends. We had dinners and parties, met each others' family and friends, borrowed things as needed, played games, shared conversations about current events and whatever, left all our apartment doors unlocked (there were 2 locked doors to enter the building and no buzzers). It was really enjoyable.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:37 PM

15,631 posts, read 26,112,792 times
The first place we lived was a huge old house, cut into two apartments and an office where the landlord sold insurance. The other resident was on the road all the time, so he was literally never there, and the office was empty after 6. It was great.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:24 PM

11,558 posts, read 11,991,359 times
My current neighbor wins the prize! Very considerate - never nosy, never noisy, no loud tv or music, no drama, no dog(s) barking nonstop, will always give a friendly greeting. Sure hope he never moves!!

Old 12-09-2017, 09:30 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,350,313 times
I had four Engineering students from India when I was in college. I think they cooked constantly and invited me to join in almost every day. Great guys. Still cannot find Naan as good as they made it daily in any Indian restaurant here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting