Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2018, 10:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,058 times

Advertisements

Okay so this just happened earlier this afternoon right before my sister and I was about to go to work. I was sitting in our living room when I started hearing a dripping noise outside and in the apartment so I came to check and there you go, the top floor of our apartment building was flooding. Now our is three floors and we were at the bottom floor but was still affected with the apparently pipe-burst. We called the lease office and they sent people to deal with the issue.
Now they vacuumed my dad's closet (which is the most affected part, it was drenched kind of bad) and part of the living room. There were small drippings from the ceiling although it had subdued now, but still is dripping.
After this incident, I just couldn't stop myself from worrying about a few things. Plus the fact that we all don't have any idea about this kind of stuff coz we never had to deal with it til now. Like do we have to consider moving out the place now? I talked to my dad and my sister about it but they just brushed me off and said that we wouldn't be able to afford it now since it's just right after vacation and it seems I am the only one mostly concerned about this whole thing. It wasn't that bad of a leak since we were at the bottom floor although what makes me worried is that our place is carpeted, like fully carpeted and I'm worried about molds forming in a few days or so.
I mean they vacuumed it but of course there was still wet patches left and my dad's closet still feel a lil bit too drenched. They did left those big ol fans too let them dry over night tho.
Is it gonna be safe for us to stay in this place?

Last edited by blanderguff0922; 01-03-2018 at 10:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 12:27 AM

13,912 posts, read 39,115,847 times
No you don't need to move.... things happen. I hope you have Renters Ins to cover any damage to your things. IF you don't I suggest you do so.... tho it wont cover this time.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:37 AM

304 posts, read 293,598 times
Ok, you're overreacting a bit at this stage. Water leaks happen, it seems they've done what they could to start the clean up and repair process. You claim it just happened early today. There's zero reason to think you need to consider moving right now. Do what you can to let it dry. Keep the fans going, keep a window cracked, maybe ask to use the wet vac again to deal with the carpet. Hopefully you get some sleep tonight. It will likely be nothing to worry about. Happens all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting