Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 08:48 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Funny, I always thought of a car as a tremendous luxury that was something one EARNED, not an entitlement.

Ask anyone who lives in a poor area what the atmosphere is like in the neighborhood on the days right after the government checks come. Party, Party, Party!!!! Liquor, drugs, and takeout food in abundance. I guess that's with what's left over after all those other things you mentioned above are paid for.
Everyone should be able to live in Beverly Hills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 10:55 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
I have no problem with these rent increases if the person's income allows it. I do have a problem with people being judgmental about the program and blaming people who are on it to make themselves feel better or to spew their hatred and misery.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:03 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,838,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
It's passed down not past down.

Section 8 and other entitlement programs are Federal and do not come from local programs.

Your taxes pay for expensive school and police unions where people may only have to put in 20 years to get a great retirement package. Some of those are the true entitlement programs same as city government with their lazy workers who do nothing or next to nothing for a big salary. In in south Florida but i had some work done on my house and some are too lazy to get out of their truck to check what they are supposed to inside a home and just arrive so the GPS shows they were there, sit outside and mark the work completed and passed. Those are the true welfare queens. You are blaming the wrong people out of ignorance and prejudice, and yes some of those are bad, and some of those programs you blast are put in place so when you or a family member have a catastrophic injury or illness it's there to help them.
First off...stop making this about race. It has nothing to do with race. Second, if my family should ever need to use Section 8 housing, we would have to spend at least 10 plus years on the wait list before housing would become available. Lastly, unless you’ve taken a walk through Bed Sty or East New York, you have zero idea of what a true welfare queen is.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:04 PM

https://nypost.com/2013/08/19/when-w...ter-than-work/

Old 05-01-2018, 03:34 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,704,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
In many areas, it is just as Parentologist states. Section 8 was meant to be a temporary “helping hand” for people who had fallen on hard times. For many, it’s now a way of life...past down from one generation to the next. My taxes are over $15,000.00 a year with most of that money going to entitlement programs. I am fed up with working my arse off to support those who REFUSE to work and for the single mothers with 8 kids by 8 different men. It’s disgusting and sad, but it IS a fact.
If you are referring specifically to welfare benefits when you state "entitlement programs" then you need to educate yourself:

Quote:
Where does all the money go? It is really quite simple.
  • Governments at all levels, federal, state, and local, spend about $1.4 trillion a year on pensions, including Social Security and government employee pensions.
  • Governments spend about $1.6 trillion a year on health care, principally Medicare and Medicaid.
  • Governments spend about $1.1 trillion a year on education at all levels, principally at the local government level.
  • The federal government spends about $0.9 trillion a year on defense, including the Departments of Defense, State, and Veterans Affairs.
  • Governments spend $0.4 trillion on welfare programs other than Medicaid.
  • All other spending amounts to $1.8 trillion, including interest on the national debt. The grand total of all the spending is $7.1 trillion.
https://www.usgovernmentspending.com/current_spending

Old 05-01-2018, 03:40 PM

167 posts, read 168,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Everyone should be able to live in Beverly Hills.
Traffic would really suck then.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
If you are referring specifically to welfare benefits when you state "entitlement programs" then you need to educate yourself:

Federal pays less than half of the WELFARE benefits in NYS. The rest is taken from state & local taxes.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:18 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,704,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
Federal pays less than half of the WELFARE benefits in NYS. The rest is taken from state & local taxes.
Only 5% NYS State and Local. So what is your point?

https://www.usgovernmentspending.com..._NY_statelocal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting