Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 05:12 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Out of curiosity I measured one half of my double sink. It's 18 x 17. The other side is smaller so I get the benefit of both a double and a large single.
While I like the higher toilets the lower standard ones are technically better for 'bodily functions' which is why the "Potty Squatty" is such a good seller
Maybe your sink is like that, but a lot of standard sinks are not....I hate mine...and I'm looking to replace it.

As I said, the potty is ok, unless you've got joint problems, same with the tubes.....they are hard to step over and out of.....but no one thinks about that unless they have those problems.

I would be happy if my sink were the size that you have.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 05:20 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Maybe your sink is like that, but a lot of standard sinks are not....I hate mine...and I'm looking to replace it.

As I said, the potty is ok, unless you've got joint problems, same with the tubes.....they are hard to step over and out of.....but no one thinks about that unless they have those problems.

I would be happy if my sink were the size that you have.....
60/40 is a popular sink style these days. I had one in my condo when I redid my kitchen (it was quite deep) and I know my parents also got one when they redid their countertop. The single huge sink is just so wasteful when it comes to water use and not as practical if you are doing dishes and want to have the other side for drying. My condo kitchen was a galley style and really did not have much counter space.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:15 PM

37,464 posts, read 61,388,499 times
I have a building that is in mid-remodel. At first I made floor plans that included ADA bathrooms. But the quotes I got all said an ADA bathroom would add $8,000 per unit.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:40 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,506,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
How can a baby take a shower?
We did the baby in a sink, but we mostly did the baby being held in the shower. They're slippery as newborns, so we didn't start that until a few months later. Worked for us-- they almost never had baths. They went straight to showers when they were old enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
60/40 is a popular sink style these days. I had one in my condo when I redid my kitchen (it was quite deep) and I know my parents also got one when they redid their countertop. The single huge sink is just so wasteful when it comes to water use and not as practical if you are doing dishes and want to have the other side for drying. My condo kitchen was a galley style and really did not have much counter space.
Yes, I like that size sink. I rent an apartment and it's a standard double basin, but I'd love to have the 60/40 thing like many of my friends.

[quote=cremebrulee;52624516]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post

yeah, woman need to start speaking up about these things...after all, we use them.....
Not at my house. My kids (mostly male) and my husband use those things. I mean, I use the shower and the toilet, of course....

Old 07-28-2018, 05:47 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,045,846 times
I despise single sinks. A double basin sink is so much more versatile. There are very few pans that I cannot soak in the sink, and I rarely have to soak pans in any case. Decent quality cookware and appropriate cooking techniques prevent issues that require soaking most of the time.

The tub shower thing is often hotly debated. There are passionate people on both sides of the discussion. Personally, I have never used the tub in my home, much preferring the walk-in shower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting