Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 05:03 PM

458 posts, read 1,666,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
You'd be amazed at how many people manage to go their entire lives without stealing a single car.
Hahaha. I laughed and laughed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 11:45 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,190,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Right, and I'm sure you were born with the maturity and clarity of thought of a 40-year-old.

In that case, I hope you're not scratching your head wondering why our recidivism rate is so high. Those who believe convicts don't deserve a chance to re-enter mainstream society no matter what should expect nothing less.
Very few kids get into trouble with the law. I was one that didn't, there's nothing special about that.

The recidivism rate is so high because some people just want a free ride in life and don't want to work like most of us do.

I owe ex-cons nothing. Why do you think I do?

Old 02-07-2009, 11:54 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,118,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I think it's so easy to get a felony conviction now that you need to look more closely at the actual offense. Domestic violence (spanking your kid). Blocking the entrance to an abortion clinic. Commission of a crime in possession of a gun (driving home after one over the legal limit with a rifle in the trunk from a hunting trip). Driving without insurance. Crossing a state line to avoid paying child support. On and on.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:22 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,780,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Very few kids get into trouble with the law. I was one that didn't, there's nothing special about that.

The recidivism rate is so high because some people just want a free ride in life and don't want to work like most of us do.

I didn't say you do. Try reading what I actually say instead of asking me to answer to assertions I never made.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:41 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,562,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I think it's so easy to get a felony conviction now that you need to look more closely at the actual offense. Domestic violence (spanking your kid). Blocking the entrance to an abortion clinic. Commission of a crime in possession of a gun (driving home after one over the legal limit with a rifle in the trunk from a hunting trip). Driving without insurance. Crossing a state line to avoid paying child support. On and on.
You seem to know how to become a felon...so stay away from these things and you will be fine!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:17 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,819,843 times
Quote:
Pardon me but Domestic Violence is a serious offense and not just spanking your kid. It is abusive behavior and there should be even stricter laws for people who do this.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:21 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,819,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
What statistics?

It seems that many of the people responding do not have an idea of just how easy it is for a good person to receive a non-violent felony charge. Also, too add, paroled felons are on probation and they smallest thing that they do could send them back to prison.

A friend that I went to high school with got sentenced to seven years in prison because of a domestic dispute. Essentially, he was protecting his sister from her irrational boyfriend and in the heat of the moment things got out of hand. He didn't kill the guy or anything like that, he just made sure that the boyfriend understood not to mess with his sister. He was an all around good guy, former Marine-had active duty in some hairy places. Maybe he over reacted, but his intentions where to protect his sister. He could have easily killed the guy long before the cops showed up.

A year and a half later he ended up back in prison for three months for violating his parole-he got caught having a few beers with some of his friends. That's it.
That is why they put these fools on probation and parole, so they can have a chance and most of them violate it so fast. They can't even handle making an appointment or getting a job. My ex was on probation and I could not figure out why it was so hard for him to follow simple rules to stay out of jail, like making a scheduled appointment, not getting drunk, getting a job. I mean it was pitiful. Never again will I trust an ex con.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:38 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,118,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You seem to know how to become a felon...so stay away from these things and you will be fine!
I spanked my kids enough for a life sentence. Fortunately we were in a foreign country so we are not convicted felons and our kids grew up with knowledge of right and wrong and respect for authority.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:39 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,562,029 times
Quote:
I spanked my kids enough for a life sentence. Fortunately we were in a foreign country so we are not convicted felons and our kids grew up with knowledge of right and wrong and respect for authority.
If you are living here you will become one fast...most threads have showed that people have a hard time changing their lifes...

Old 02-08-2009, 03:30 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,190,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I didn't say you do. Try reading what I actually say instead of asking me to answer to assertions I never made.
YOU MEAN READ THIS!
""""Those who believe convicts don't deserve a chance""" to re-enter mainstream society no matter what should expect nothing less."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting