Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2017, 10:22 PM

1 posts, read 880 times

Advertisements

Hi do you have any renting place available right away in Seattle Washington please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 03:00 AM

32,503 posts, read 47,500,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwen88 View Post
Hi do you have any renting place available right away in Seattle Washington please
No, I don't.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:02 PM

2 posts, read 1,436 times
I am a single mom of one child, she is now 18. We have received section 8 since she was 2. About 3 yrs ago, i made a mistake, i trusted someone I shouldn't have. The SWAT team kicked in the door, they were looking for drugs. they found nothing. There were no charges filed. Nobody went to jail.
The detective called my landlord, told him I had meth and the chemicals to manufacture it. Be called it a meth lab.
I was served a 3 day notice the next day. After I moved, he gutted the place and sued me for the lab clean up. Around $20,000 * he also claimed it on his
Insurance (dont know how he did that but he did) I lost my housing when the owner reported "criminal activity* to my case worker.
We were homeless for about 8 months. It's been really hard, I lived there for 10, almost 11 years. It was my daughter's whole childhood. A lot of memories.
Anyway, my point is, I have really bad credit. Since bankruptcy in 1997 I havent rebuilt. And being on section 8 for so long, I don't have a payment history. Also, the eviction comes up. Then theres the Criminal back ground, it doesn't show anything but when a potential landlord asks about. The eviction, I don't know what to say.
How do I get around that? The only crimes I have are a retail theft of $6 in 2012 which I plead guilty to and paid my restitution and fines, completed probation and community service early. But none of that shows up on a BC. Only the charges and I'm completely screwed. I don't want to be homeless again. I have no family. Please help me with some answers?!?

Old 04-11-2017, 05:07 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,706,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceym771 View Post
I am a single mom of one child, she is now 18. We have received section 8 since she was 2. About 3 yrs ago, i made a mistake, i trusted someone I shouldn't have. The SWAT team kicked in the door, they were looking for drugs. they found nothing. There were no charges filed. Nobody went to jail.
The detective called my landlord, told him I had meth and the chemicals to manufacture it. Be called it a meth lab.
I was served a 3 day notice the next day. After I moved, he gutted the place and sued me for the lab clean up. Around $20,000 * he also claimed it on his
Insurance (dont know how he did that but he did) I lost my housing when the owner reported "criminal activity* to my case worker.
We were homeless for about 8 months. It's been really hard, I lived there for 10, almost 11 years. It was my daughter's whole childhood. A lot of memories.
Anyway, my point is, I have really bad credit. Since bankruptcy in 1997 I havent rebuilt. And being on section 8 for so long, I don't have a payment history. Also, the eviction comes up. Then theres the Criminal back ground, it doesn't show anything but when a potential landlord asks about. The eviction, I don't know what to say.
How do I get around that? The only crimes I have are a retail theft of $6 in 2012 which I plead guilty to and paid my restitution and fines, completed probation and community service early. But none of that shows up on a BC. Only the charges and I'm completely screwed. I don't want to be homeless again. I have no family. Please help me with some answers?!?
Get some kind of a job so you can earn enough money to get into a better life.

I've got nothing else.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:50 PM

586 posts, read 549,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceym771 View Post
Blah blah blahbitty blah.

Why should anyone spend their time trying to help you, when you sabotage everything that's been done?

Your neighbors—as taxpayers—subsidized your life for sixteen years while you did nothing to improve your situation.

You've had twenty years—TWENTY, as in TWO DECADES—to establish some credit post-bankruptcy. You could have turned the Section 8 assistance into a real helping hand for yourself to fix things and plan for the future. By your own admission you did nothing, or perhaps made it even worse.

Actually, you did make it worse by stealing something and getting caught.

You know—someone else missed out on getting the benefits that you got instead. And that sucks because you are the very epitome of how the system is broken in so many ways. Are you sure you don't want to be homeless again—because you seem to be trying your damnedest to be homeless again?

I don't believe people like you can—or deserve—to be helped when there are so many others who do.

Old 04-28-2017, 02:17 AM

2 posts, read 1,436 times
Ouch!
Thank you for your honest opinion.
I do appreciate it.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 572 times
Arrow Looking for a home

hello

my name is Shannon Peavy. I have a criminal background from years ago. me my husband and daughter are looking for a home. can you help us/? [email]Lhs3things@gmail.com[/email].

thank you for taking the time to read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Good point and something, as the owner, you always have the final say...

A lot of property is professionally managed and the property manager could loose his or her job going against company policy...

Old 05-16-2017, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 559 times
I have a new neighbor above me in the 3bdrm apt with 5 children and whoever else they have show up.. He was arrested for dealing was released last yr from prison, on probabtion and is still selling out of the apt... The landlord wont do anything except threaten to evict me. (Ive lived here for more than a year, pay rent early or on time, and i maintain the property.) But I am the bad guy, when he plays his music out of his surround sound system all day and all night. His children go to bed at 2-3am on school nights and are very disrespectful. Damage property and throw trash in the yard. Racist remarks everyday and threatening to us. Wtf do i do? All i can do is hope the house nxt door will call the police bcuz if i do i will be evicted for calling the police.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:54 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,128,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLA2010 View Post
You know. I registered here just to respond to this thread. Let me say right

And realize, just realize that we are all one step away from becoming a felon or having a criminal record that can screw our lives up forever. One step away.
Speak for yourself.........

Old 05-16-2017, 10:09 PM

9,885 posts, read 9,496,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
Speak for yourself.........
I second that.. its not like crime is something you just happen by accident to stumble into. No, you dont let it happen to you by not participating it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting