Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 07:27 AM

478 posts, read 415,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
Still waiting. I shut the water off. Outside of that, I’m not touching the water heater. I’m worried that if I attempt to drain it and cause further damages, the landlord will blame the leak on me. It just seems like something this guy would do.
Take some pictures and videos of the leak now, in the event that he does try to pin some of the blame on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 07:37 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,484,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex Ranger View Post
Take some pictures and videos of the leak now, in the event that he does try to pin some of the blame on you.
Yes, I'd be taking pics, videos of everything as it progresses, with timestamps etc.

Also, document all communication with landlord. Date/time, what was said, etc...

Old 02-05-2019, 07:55 AM

2,775 posts, read 3,749,056 times
Quote:
Already done. I took pictures and even emailed them to him. Still haven’t heard a word from him yet.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Yes, I'd be taking pics, videos of everything as it progresses, with timestamps etc.

Also, document all communication with landlord. Date/time, what was said, etc...
Ok. Will do!

Old 02-05-2019, 08:00 AM

478 posts, read 415,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
Already done. I took pictures and even emailed them to him. Still haven’t heard a word from him yet.
I can’t remember what the line on “no hot water” is for a habitability issue in AZ is, but you should research that. You might have a “repair and deduct” case.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
I can’t remember what the line on “no hot water” is for a habitability issue in AZ is, but you should research that. You might have a “repair and deduct” case.
Ok. I’ll look into it.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:12 AM

Ok here is an update: landlord is deciding on going through their home repair warranty services and tomorrow is the next available appointment. Meanwhile the water is dripping between the walls (I can hear it dripping). By the time tomorrow rolls around, those walls will be nice and saturated. Is it possible that mold can grow in 48 hours? I’m worried that stuff will start to grow between the walls. Should I ask my landlord to contact a restoration company and have the walls (inside the walls) looked at? My daughter is 3 and I don’t want her exposed to mold.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:15 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,484,915 times
The landlord is insane if he has water leaking and he's fine waiting almost 48 hours to address it.

I doubt any harmful mold will be present just yet but if they don't fix/clean it properly mold can form afterwards.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
The landlord is insane if he has water leaking and he's fine waiting almost 48 hours to address it.

I doubt any harmful mold will be present just yet but if they don't fix/clean it properly mold can form afterwards.
Yeah and he’s not sending out a company to actually inspect the damage, instead he’s sending out a hot water heater company to look at the water heater. Lol. I’ll kw trying to get in touch with him to send SOMEONE out to inspect the water damage. The water has seeped into multiple rooms through the floorboards and drywall. Maybe the company that comes out tomorrow will tell the landlord to get someone else out here too?

Old 02-05-2019, 10:05 AM

784 posts, read 725,217 times
Turn off the double breaker, likely a 30A breaker. You should be able to figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting