Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 12:17 PM

828 posts, read 407,845 times

Advertisements

It is fine.

Even before covid some where switching to this. Get some info on people and then give a lock box code.

Saves time for agent. Since a lot dont show up for appointments. Allows tenants to take their time. Feel more comfortable looking at a place. And if they are a little late. Dont have to worry about not seeing a place. Because agents will not wait.

Dont worry about just giving the CC number. My guess is you do this a number of times a week. Even lower income people that work at lets say McDonalds could see it.

And would be easy for you to dispute any charges with or without your signature. The one at the most risk is the landlord. Letting in just about anyone.

Last one I rented. We did not even do that. Just did facetime showings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2021, 09:05 AM

308 posts, read 273,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve19605 View Post

Last one I rented. We did not even do that. Just did facetime showings.
My bank debit card number was once used at Walmart by an unknown - thank goodness I put a cap on amount for use. It ended at over $600.00 New TV!!! what?

I don't shop at Walmart.

I don't put a pin into pay machine. It is always credit **limited.

And everyone screams SCAM SCAM watch for scams. But I am going to share my credit card number - oh and one asked for Driver's License number, too? But ...

It is fine?

$1200 to reserve movers for date chosen - CHECK
50 for each "application" to see inside rental - check
XXX credit card and dl numbers for me doing all the work - check (would not commit to the actual amount)

this is not fun. and no, it is not fine in my opinion.

but thanks. I would love facetime. I recently did my messenger with my laptop for the movers. he said that worked great -- he didn't want to drive 35 mins to view the items....

so I did the work!

Old 04-20-2021, 04:30 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,114,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySam16 View Post
My bank debit card number was once used at Walmart by an unknown - thank goodness I put a cap on amount for use. It ended at over $600.00 New TV!!! what?

I don't shop at Walmart.

I don't put a pin into pay machine. It is always credit **limited.

And everyone screams SCAM SCAM watch for scams. But I am going to share my credit card number - oh and one asked for Driver's License number, too? But ...

It is fine?

$1200 to reserve movers for date chosen - CHECK
50 for each "application" to see inside rental - check
XXX credit card and dl numbers for me doing all the work - check (would not commit to the actual amount)

this is not fun. and no, it is not fine in my opinion.

but thanks. I would love facetime. I recently did my messenger with my laptop for the movers. he said that worked great -- he didn't want to drive 35 mins to view the items....

so I did the work!
C'mon man. It's 2021. It's a credit card. If fraud happens, you spend a couple minutes on the phone with the bank/issuer and it's dealt with.

Old 04-25-2023, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 359 times
Default How much is the authorization hold for showmojo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
As a 5+ year user/subscriber of the ShowMojo service, I can 100% tell you that I've NEVER had an instance of a prospective renter's CC info being misused or stolen as a result of them using the self-showing function requiring a credit card to authenticate. I do NOT take the CC info over the phone, though, so the prospect must enter it into the ShowMojo website. I'm a one-person operation, and this functionality saves a TON of time and renters love being able to see a vacant property on their own schedule.
How much is the authorization hold? This would appear more legitimate if the hold amount was stated and the length of the authorization hold and all other terms were clearly stated in advance. In some states it is ILLEGAL not to state all the facts upfront. To an educated person, it’s sketchy. Only people who constantly fall victim to scams would eagerly participate on the renter’s end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting