Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 09:00 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,538,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by briarbush42 View Post
everyone is so quick to judge,,, what gives u that right . people run into alot of circumstances... every ones situation is different,,, honestly how would you feel if it was you and you ended up homeless cause you lost your job , your family member past away and all your money went to paying medical bills cause you had bill collectors up your behind ,,, yes I can definately understand how you all feel , and yes a roof over someones head is the first importance , but without a vehicle you can't work, without cash you can't pay your bills , without family and friends with money and a job you can't barrow ... people wake up and look around you . housing today is so expensive and ninety percent of the jobs out there are part time and even the full time jobs are paying minimum wage... and that is a pretty difficult situation to be in ...yes everyone has a valid point , but when the job market is not the best for non college educated people , and the housing market is almost to much to afford, and when someone tries their hardest to pay rent and still gets evicted , what do you do then but try as you might to get out of the hole it only gets bigger ... Please try to put yourselves in their shoes and then respond... again this is just a thought., also consider that not every landlord is the same , some could care less about the apartments and all they want is the money and with no type of rent control ninety percent of the people are crap out of luck to be able to find a decent place to live with a decent landlord unless you have money to begin with and in that case why rent when you can own !!!!!!

The point most here are making is simply that when one faces these problems they need to get help from family, friends, charities, or welfare programs. The landlord can't just stop paying his mortgage and let tenants not pay their rent. Naive renters seem to think landlords are rich and own these properties outright and have no costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 11:38 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,324,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
The point most here are making is simply that when one faces these problems they need to get help from family, friends, charities, or welfare programs. The landlord can't just stop paying his mortgage and let tenants not pay their rent. Naive renters seem to think landlords are rich and own these properties outright and have no costs.

Even if you own a property outright you still have costs.

I'm seeing a lot of "someone owes me something" because I'm having financial issues posts. What all of you don't understand is when a LL takes someone who has financial problems eventually those financial problems will become the LLs financial problems. Do people have hardships? Yes they do. What exactly do you want to be done? Allow you to live there rent free till you get back on your feet? Get real.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:26 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,712,977 times
Quote:
everyone is so quick to judge,,, what gives u that right . people run into alot of circumstances...
I own the property that someone else wants to live in. I earned the money, took the risks, take risks with huge money that I've invested hoping that tenants will hold up their end.

BTW, I have tried to give work to and help "down and outers" more times than I can count. I'll hire someone to fix a fence or clean moss off of a roof and they always end up stealing from me, wanting money up front so they can buy gas, blah blah. They get enough coin to go gamble/drugs/booze and then they leave a job undone. Until they need another fix.

I even had the cops come by my shop and haul someone off on a warrants charge right in the middle of a job.

These people cannot be helped no matter how much work you give them or what you pay them. Anymore I just steer clear of them and their drama.

This is WHY they're starving in the street.

Old 04-22-2017, 04:54 PM

586 posts, read 550,693 times
Quote:
everyone is so quick to judge,,, what gives u that right . people run into alot of circumstances... every ones situation is different,,, honestly how would you feel if it was you and you ended up homeless cause you lost your job , your family member past away and all your money went to paying medical bills cause you had bill collectors up your behind ,,, yes I can definately understand how you all feel , and yes a roof over someones head is the first importance , but without a vehicle you can't work, without cash you can't pay your bills , without family and friends with money and a job you can't barrow ... people wake up and look around you . housing today is so expensive and ninety percent of the jobs out there are part time and even the full time jobs are paying minimum wage... and that is a pretty difficult situation to be in ...yes everyone has a valid point , but when the job market is not the best for non college educated people , and the housing market is almost to much to afford, and when someone tries their hardest to pay rent and still gets evicted , what do you do then but try as you might to get out of the hole it only gets bigger ... Please try to put yourselves in their shoes and then respond... again this is just a thought., also consider that not every landlord is the same , some could care less about the apartments and all they want is the money and with no type of rent control ninety percent of the people are crap out of luck to be able to find a decent place to live with a decent landlord unless you have money to begin with and in that case why rent when you can own !!!!!!
Having empathy for someone's situation and opening oneself to financial risk are two completely different things. I have "made" money, and I've made under $4/hr. Regardless of what my income was, I maintained a sense of financial responsibility and didn't expect anyone to come rescue me. In fact, I always acted as though I did not have a safety net. There's another thread where I went into detail about some of the incredibly stupid things I've done with money (and there are some doozies). I survived, learned from my mistakes, and I think these people can too if they apply themselves in the right way. Some of these posts—whether the poster intends it or not—come across as incredibly entitled. One of the best things that can happen from a failure is having learned from it. I find it hard to believe that one eviction wasn't enough for some people—like multiple DUIs. Like—really? And to leave an apartment trashed...

...there is no excuse for that. Ever.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 860 times
I have a eviction on my rental history. My 1st one ever. For yall cold hearted mother****ers who don't give a **** about people that goes through the struggle should be ashamed of yourself. If i was a landlord i would rent to someone who has one eviction because i believe in second chances. My last landlord didn't even take me to court. He said i had a few days to get out. Me and my boyfriend was gone before that timeline.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:43 PM

903 posts, read 857,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patscofield1 View Post
I have a eviction on my rental history. My 1st one ever. For yall cold hearted mother****ers who don't give a **** about people that goes through the struggle should be ashamed of yourself. If i was a landlord i would rent to someone who has one eviction because i believe in second chances. My last landlord didn't even take me to court. He said i had a few days to get out. Me and my boyfriend was gone before that timeline.

Let's take a look at this "Second Chance" philosophy and see of it holds up I understand the harsh light of day:

Do you advocate giving child molesters a second chance? You know, as in allowing them at around your children unsupervised...?

I realize your first instinct is to waffle about how child molesters are completely different than you having an eviction. Here's why you both get lumped in the same boat:

I, and other landlords, specifically discriminate against any prospective tenant with an eviction, sex offender registry, and/or violent criminal history.

Your use of profanity and obvious lack of education are some of the reasons for your situation in life. Your poor attitude is like the cherry on a sundae. Makes me mouth all juicy jus' thinkin' 'bout it! Yummy!

Old 08-22-2017, 08:27 PM

10,746 posts, read 25,919,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patscofield1 View Post
sorry, but one eviction and one "got out before it went to court" makes you a deadbeat tenant. Being asked to leave by your landlord isn't anything to brag about.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:49 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,324,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Thats why I dont understand why a lot of people on here say to have a landlord evict you....

Perhaps if you can prove that you can afford the place you want to rent & explain what happened to the new landlord they would be willing to rent to you...Good Luck!
Sure, there are some LL's will be willing to rent to people that are not tier one type. They have a spot or a few or many spots on their past. They are willing to take the risk. Some are more risk averse s they are not willing to. I'm the type where I see bad stuff in a background I decline to rent to that person. They may be nice people I don't know. I'm just not willing to risk my investments to find out.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 526 times
I feel that all Landlords are ******* excuse my language but I’m reading this and yes many can be honest and people still ignore how do u know it was the tenants fault about the eviction half of these properties are not stable landlords don’t want to keep up with their property but expect u to pay for it I know because I have been through it n I think it’s very sad that someone is judged off of that n it was my first apartment never had been late always made sure to be clean but then the landlord didn’t want to fix anything it sad and sorry honey to say but people only think about themselves and then wonder why they go through things or y they do end up getting people who **** their property up all because u letting the bad in and the good had to be left out I’m sorry for that if I was a landlord I would actually consider looking into the eviction and the property that The person was evicted from because the things people say on here is freaking sick and for all of u talking about y’all dont have empathy and coming up with excuses remember that because what goes around comes around and when u do people wrong it follows y’all are sick individuals and that’s sad just as much bad out here it’s good and if ur one little property makes u a lifetime living that should let people know right then u ain’t got much just like the next **** out of here

Old 11-07-2018, 10:07 AM

266 posts, read 267,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nae27 View Post
I feel that all Landlords are ******* excuse my language but I’m reading this and yes many can be honest and people still ignore how do u know it was the tenants fault about the eviction half of these properties are not stable landlords don’t want to keep up with their property but expect u to pay for it I know because I have been through it n I think it’s very sad that someone is judged off of that n it was my first apartment never had been late always made sure to be clean but then the landlord didn’t want to fix anything it sad and sorry honey to say but people only think about themselves and then wonder why they go through things or y they do end up getting people who **** their property up all because u letting the bad in and the good had to be left out I’m sorry for that if I was a landlord I would actually consider looking into the eviction and the property that The person was evicted from because the things people say on here is freaking sick and for all of u talking about y’all dont have empathy and coming up with excuses remember that because what goes around comes around and when u do people wrong it follows y’all are sick individuals and that’s sad just as much bad out here it’s good and if ur one little property makes u a lifetime living that should let people know right then u ain’t got much just like the next **** out of here
I sure hope your rant on a 10 year old post made you feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting