Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 6,031 times

Advertisements

Hey I know it sounds like there is no light at the of the tunnel but there is.....I couldn't afford my place and I got evicted 7 yrs ago and I jus contacted the old landlord and the property management ppl and they suggested I make payments until it was paid off in full. After that they sent a letter out to me stating that I could be rented to, but I also had the money and the stability to back that up. Any payment helps but it all depends on how bad you want to fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 12:33 PM

460 posts, read 978,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Thats why I dont understand why a lot of people on here say to have a landlord evict you....

Perhaps if you can prove that you can afford the place you want to rent & explain what happened to the new landlord they would be willing to rent to you...Good Luck!
What you may be hearing is to wait for the landlord to file an unlawful detainer after the notice to vacate expires. At least this is California law. Then the tenant gets a rather generous settlement to move out without any real heavy consequence like an eviction on public record.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 7,482 times
Ok, how about my situation? both my mother and I were on the lease agreement for a place we now know we should not have been and could not afford, however we were thinking it would work until she was'nt paid for a job she'd worked and I needed a second income in addition to my first that I could not find enough.

Renting a home for $1350.00/mo and got behind, we tried explaining this and catching up, went to court and did a "pay and stay" plan, which they honored, then later declined and served us papers after we caught up the rent. They also modified the property after an inspection by the city deemed it the deck to be removed and optionally rebuilt, which did not happen, and we decided on that place as we have dogs, paid extra pet deposits for that backyard and deck access, were never given a decrease because of it, and the property management company in my opinion is crap as they advertise "WE DO FREE EVICTIONS" right on their website to reel in homeowners, and the fact that we did go to court, knew we couldn't pay, tried getting out and were evicted anyways, now have bad credit and a ruined rental history.

Sorry landlords, but I have a major problem with this particular case as I know normally it's a very last resort but in this case it just seems far too easy and good excuse for them since they wanted us out to try selling the home again, so now what?

Yes, the owner tried selling it before we moved in, couldn't and decided to rent it.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:07 PM

16,787 posts, read 48,835,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg069 View Post
Ok, how about my situation? both my mother and I were on the lease agreement for a place we now know we should not have been and could not afford, however we were thinking it would work until she was'nt paid for a job she'd worked and I needed a second income in addition to my first that I could not find enough.

Renting a home for $1350.00/mo and got behind, we tried explaining this and catching up, went to court and did a "pay and stay" plan, which they honored, then later declined and served us papers after we caught up the rent. They also modified the property after an inspection by the city deemed it the deck to be removed and optionally rebuilt, which did not happen, and we decided on that place as we have dogs, paid extra pet deposits for that backyard and deck access, were never given a decrease because of it, and the property management company in my opinion is crap as they advertise "WE DO FREE EVICTIONS" right on their website to reel in homeowners, and the fact that we did go to court, knew we couldn't pay, tried getting out and were evicted anyways, now have bad credit and a ruined rental history.

Sorry landlords, but I have a major problem with this particular case as I know normally it's a very last resort but in this case it just seems far too easy and good excuse for them since they wanted us out to try selling the home again, so now what?

Yes, the owner tried selling it before we moved in, couldn't and decided to rent it.
You should start a new discussion thread in this forum rather then tack your situation onto the end of a 4 page previous discussion.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:48 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,083,040 times
OP....go to a bankruptcy attorney and have them run a credit report, or somewhere you can get a copy of your credit report, that way you'll know what is on it. If that eviction is on it, have you money in hand and perhaps they'll give you a chance w/ your explanation. Otherwise, see if your family can put you up til you can find something.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:04 PM

6 posts, read 10,109 times
Long story but here it goes! Last year around May Me and my boyfriend rented a room from my parents we paid our half of the rent every month! We moved out of that apartment about December of last year into a house! Now the owner of this house wants to sale it so we are looking for an apartment again! We tried once and we were forsure we were going to get it! Turns out there was an eviction from the prior apartment on our credit history!!!! When I confronted my parents about it they said instead of paying their part of the rent they used it to put the down payment on the house! But we still paid our part of the rent! Is there anyway any landlord will accept us into their apartment when the eviction really wasn’t our fault?!
My grandfather has a credit score of 800 and is willing to co sign for us! any hope here? anything we can do? please HELP

Old 12-03-2012, 09:38 AM

32,497 posts, read 47,458,225 times
apeavy, I wouldn't accept you. I suggest that you try to get the prior landlord to remove the eviction. However, if your name was on the rental agreement and the landlord did not get the rent, then you were responsible and you earned that eviction.

There are landlords who specialize in tenants who have been evicted elsewhere. Their units are expensive and not very nice, but at least there is a place where you can get a rental.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 5,665 times
I have been asking the same questions regarding eviction. I have an eviction on my credit also however, I was never on the lease of the home. I would go to my mother's house 4 times a week to help take care of her. After she had her third stroke her memory began to fail. My siblings and I were not informed of the rental issues she had until it was 3 months behind. The property management company attached me to the evition simply because I was there( basically housesitting my mother returned from the hospital ) when they served the notice. I didn't even know I was named on this eviction until my mother had passed on and I was looking for a place of my own as I was living with a roommate at the time. I kept getting denied and had no idea why that was. Finally a manager of an apartment complex told me what was going on. I still have not figured out how to get this thing removed because the property managers are saying I lived there but the debt died with my mother. My problem is I did not live there, they went on the word of a woman who at the time was not mentally stable and I never signed a lease or agree to live there. Some situations are not because people don't want to pay, or because they are being irresponsible, sometimes it is just a messed up situation. I hope you have much better luck than I am having.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:54 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,444,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie0411 View Post
I have been asking the same questions regarding eviction. I have an eviction on my credit also however, I was never on the lease of the home. ... My problem is I did not live there, they went on the word of a woman who at the time was not mentally stable and I never signed a lease or agree to live there.
This is something you should have pursued a while ago with the help of legal counsel but it's not too late to do so now. If everything is as you say it is, steps can be taken to expunge this record and restore your credit rating but you need to take the bull by the horns and set everything in motion. Go to your local Legal Aid office and ask their advice. Good luck.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:47 PM

2 posts, read 11,773 times
If you dont have advice only negative comments why bother?
I myself have an eviction due to leaving an abusive relationship, it's hard to find places. There's also alot of people who scam people like me who have a hard time. But there is hope. Some apartment complexes will rent to people with evictions (and felonies), and there are also private owners. Ask around, someone you know may have a place for rent or know someone who does.
I know it's hard, im a single working mom with no help, and i also do not want government housing. Its hard but not impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting