Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 11:30 PM

13,909 posts, read 39,093,810 times

Advertisements

I have a few question to the poster....What state do you live in? What are the condo rules on pets? Does either your county/state or condo rules prohibit "pitbulls"?... Are they renting....perhaps you can talk to the condo owner. But there are programs under section 8 that helps people to buy thier own homes. And what do you want to happen to the dogs? If they get rid of them ...well what do you think they are going to do with them? As you said dogs are being put to sleep in your local humane socity.....
Most condo/apt rules say pets have to be spay/nutered....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 09:30 AM

86 posts, read 412,880 times
Seriously doubt they paid the reported $1500 per dog just so they could spay or neuter them.

One could possibly take a look at this as an "Unlicensed kennel" if they keep any of the puppies.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:21 PM

180 posts, read 619,857 times
if they do actually breed and sell the pups you can report them for having unreported income. also take a trip downtown some citys have ordinances against pit bulls, dobermans, rottwheilers, and bull mastiffs

Old 05-16-2008, 06:55 PM

22,186 posts, read 29,156,590 times
I'm not 100% sure on this but don't you have to be licensed to breed in some states?

Old 05-16-2008, 09:52 PM

13,909 posts, read 39,093,810 times
Areas do differ... In Berkeley Co WV if you have 5 dogs mix/purebred/spayed/nutered You are a Kennel & need a licence...In WV you sell more than 2 litters per year you better have a Business licence or face fines. So the poster has to check the laws in her area. Yes I know people that paid much more for a dog & got them spayed....

Old 06-21-2009, 07:33 AM

2 posts, read 11,009 times
Is there a way to confirm if a renter is section 8? I would think this would be public info since we taxpayers subsidize their rent. Thanks! janndelaney

Old 06-21-2009, 10:37 AM

901 posts, read 2,978,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janndelaney View Post
Is there a way to confirm if a renter is section 8? I would think this would be public info since we taxpayers subsidize their rent. Thanks! janndelaney
Are you serious? What makes you think you have a right to know this info? You don't get a statement every month stating where your tax dollars go . I would think that it would a be a violation of privacy to publically state who is on section 8.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:42 AM

44,905 posts, read 59,894,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam82 View Post
Are you serious? What makes you think you have a right to know this info? You don't get a statement every month stating where your tax dollars go . I would think that it would a be a violation of privacy to publically state who is on section 8.

Maybe not names but a list of Section 8 qualified properties is probably available if you do some digging. Rentals of any type impact property values so appraisers and loan officers need that information. In MD anyone can access property history through the Taxation and Assessments web site which also lists whether the property is a promary residence. A bit more digging can access if it's an active rental or seasonal use.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:00 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,759,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebo202 View Post
Anyone know the rules and restrictions for Section 8 people?

A section 8 person lives in next to a condo I own in Montgomery County. These people have a $120,000 fully customized Mercedes-Benz and living off welfare. Makes me sick, but I've grown accustomed to looking the other way. These people have fancy cars, expensive clothes, $500 sunglasses yet can't speak a coherent sentence.

Well, I am a rabid animal lover (no pun intended) and I just found out my Section 8 neighbors have decided to breed pit bulls. They bought 2 for $1,500 EACH and now they want to make more. I have nothing against pit-bulls, but one trip to PG humane society will tell you just how many dogs are put to sleep because of irresponsible and ignorant breeders like this a$$hole.

Anyhow, I'm so disgusted right now. What can I do to get these people out of here?
Sorry What does any of this have to do with you wanting them to move? If they are not giving you any trouble how they live is not a resin to get upset.I assume you do not live there

Old 06-21-2009, 02:27 PM

14,785 posts, read 23,956,596 times
I would most definately say something to section 8 housing about it . There are rules they have to follow since the rest of us taxpayers are paying their rent basically .I know that my mom had a section 8 tenant and she was a total nightmare and mom withdrew from the program as a landlord for that program . we all are paying for them to live in these places dirt cheap and as a taxpayer we do have the right to know how they are living on our tax dollars !! most definately say something . I know I cannot afford a benz and I am working my a$$ off . so there is no excuse for that and all that money they want for breeding those dogs would be considered income so she would most likely get booted from the program . yes absouloutly say something they are spending your money !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting