Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 07:44 AM

8,886 posts, read 20,262,668 times

Advertisements

Spelling correction made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Right now it is 9PM and they just got home above us and SLAMMED their door closed......we heard it go BAM (loudly) which is not necessary. And, whoever is walking up their right now is REALLY walking heavy to the point is sounds like it is shaking our ceiling. Listen folks, we aren't just "dreaming" this noise up! They know we live down here, know we are home (know our vehicle (Handicap Plaque) is parked out front) and just don't care!! And, when the little girl stands at the kitchen window (right above ours) and kicks the wall below the window......we hear that LOUD AND CLEAR!!
All annoying with absolutely no respect for us!!

Old 05-22-2008, 08:00 AM

941 posts, read 2,297,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Noise and bugs... those were the reasons we stopped renting apartments and moved to single family homes.

Extra rent... $200/mo.

Peace and quiet... priceless.

That said, sometimes you can find a one bedroom home for about the same price as an apartment, if you look hard.
My absolute next move, i just called the office on my next door neighbors yesterday. They are older people with no kids but they blast music at all times of the day and night. We asked them nicely the first time and they said ok we know the walls are thin, a week later it's on again. People just have no respect or class these days period, my next step is renting a house this is the only way for a measure of peace!

Old 05-22-2008, 08:49 AM

8,886 posts, read 20,262,668 times
Sort of funny, but: When we went across the walkway to talk to our other neighbors who are in their mid 60's, I noticed how loud he had his TV. While we were there talking to him, he made no attempt to turn down the TV. I was curious about this, so I asked him (politely) "Why is your TV so loud while we are talking to you?" He looked at me and asked if we could hear his TV in our apartment across the walkway and we told him "no" because we never have. THEN, he told me that him and his wife have poor hearing and they don't even think about how loud their TV is. He turned it down and I didn't have to raise my voice above the TV anymore.
When you said "older people" below, just how old do you think they are? If they don't have a hearing problem, they just don't care how loud their music gets or how it affects others. Terrible, just terrible!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.man View Post
My absolute next move, i just called the office on my next door neighbors yesterday. They are older people with no kids but they blast music at all times of the day and night. We asked them nicely the first time and they said ok we know the walls are thin, a week later it's on again. People just have no respect or class these days period, my next step is renting a house this is the only way for a measure of peace!

Old 05-22-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Sort of funny, but: When we went across the walkway to talk to our other neighbors who are in their mid 60's, I noticed how loud he had his TV. While we were there talking to him, he made no attempt to turn down the TV. I was curious about this, so I asked him (politely) "Why is your TV so loud while we are talking to you?" He looked at me and asked if we could hear his TV in our apartment across the walkway and we told him "no" because we never have. THEN, he told me that him and his wife have poor hearing and they don't even think about how loud their TV is. He turned it down and I didn't have to raise my voice above the TV anymore.
When you said "older people" below, just how old do you think they are? If they don't have a hearing problem, they just don't care how loud their music gets or how it affects others. Terrible, just terrible!!
No these people are in their 40's and they have a younger couple there also, funny thing the office said there is only supposed to be 1 person living there, you would think they would keep a low profile if they are sneaking other people in the apt to live, but no they are blatant with loud music and slamming their front door! Why do people slam doors anyway????? http://bestsmileys.com/clueless/6.gif (broken link)

Old 05-22-2008, 11:19 AM

22,192 posts, read 29,169,063 times
Because they are idiots?

Old 05-22-2008, 11:38 AM

I used to wonder why some people lived way out deep,tucked away in the woods or mountains and you needed a treasure map to find their house. Ohhhhhh now i know to get far away from the rude,loud,disrespectful,unclean,rowdy people we call neighbors. I'm moving to Mars maybe i can find some peace there.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:01 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,485,827 times
I just don't understand why you;d drive yourself crazy and cause yourself all this undue stress about someone slamming a door at 9. Are you asleep? No. Then what is the problem? Some people just seem to enjoy drama and causing problems; you might consider that you are one of those people.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:09 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,517,452 times
I slam doors, because otherwise, the places I've lived in, the door won't SHUT unless you slam it.

I have to laugh when you tell people "you have to slam it"...and they try pulling the door gently..."See, like I said, you have to SLAM it."

Old 05-22-2008, 02:32 PM

18,929 posts, read 43,261,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaneAspects View Post
Unfortunently; living on the 1st floor of (sometimes thin) apartments can be the worse. I dealt with it once in a flimsy apartment and the noise was unbearable. i even heard someone having sex right above my room.

You may want to try a duplex of some sort.
LOL, I had that problem too. There was a heavy set man who lived in the unit above mine and on the weekends he would have his "lady friend" over to visit. I think his bed must have been directly over mine because every Friday and Saturday night I could hear them "getting it on".

Old 05-22-2008, 04:06 PM

22,192 posts, read 29,169,063 times
aragx6-You have no idea how ANNOYING this can be. My brother lives in a condo complex in Miami. There are people there that SLAM the doors. It's an atrium type complex so it completely rattles every condo. I'm talking all hours of the day/night. It's extremely inconsiderate especially at 2am. Whats the reason of doing it?? Its a metal door and weighs nothing. WHY DO IT????

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting