Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 10:38 AM

3,080 posts, read 11,036,876 times

Advertisements

Well, if moving it to the basement is acceptable to you and him, then that sounds like a good compromise. That would save him the time, money, and effort of double-loading and renting a storage space, plus it gets the stuff out of the way so you can show the place.

I'd talk to him first about it, though. He may have some rights as a long-term occupant, that would need a legal eviction to be nullified. In other words, he could be really nasty and go after you for moving his stuff around if you don't put your ducks in a row and get "permission" or "aquiescence" first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 05:20 PM

13,912 posts, read 39,129,073 times
Is that the basement that had water in it? When I move I stack boxes at the nearest door til moving day. Going up & down a lot of stairs 1st to put them there then to load the truck thats........

Old 05-28-2008, 05:30 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,155,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overtaxedunderpaided View Post
Thanks, good advice but i dont think i have to go that far?! a nice man he's just like the rest of us.......extremely tired and overworked, Ha! if he won't budge I'll just move his stuff in the basement and work around it
So why did you post if you knew you could just put his stuff in the basement and "work around it." ????

Your post indicates you are looking for "revenge" b/c the guy said he needed extra time. No disrespect intended - you just have totally confused me.

Regardless, good luck. I hope everything works out for you and your tenant.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:30 AM

203 posts, read 926,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
Well, if moving it to the basement is acceptable to you and him, then that sounds like a good compromise. That would save him the time, money, and effort of double-loading and renting a storage space, plus it gets the stuff out of the way so you can show the place.

I'd talk to him first about it, though. He may have some rights as a long-term occupant, that would need a legal eviction to be nullified. In other words, he could be really nasty and go after you for moving his stuff around if you don't put your ducks in a row and get "permission" or "aquiescence" first.
True, we agreed he could stay one more day as for some reason he could not move into his next residence until the 2nd. He only wanted the extra time so he could move when it was convienent to him. His boxes are already downstairs(by him) and the eyesores have promised to be removed(van seats etc). He thanked me, as he said........."now i dont have to pay for a motel and storage"............and he also offered to help me clean up and stage.

.........just hoping all will go as planned........and the first showing is on the 1st!.............like it or not here we come!

Thank you Sponger.........for an intelligent post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting