U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-25-2011, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 3,274 times
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/members/vinttum-1276225.html"]
vinttum, you can definitely call the police if they are making noise after 11pm. Also, given your son's conditions you can also sue them for damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 10:57 AM

7,953 posts, read 6,055,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
WOW, good luck getting any kind of quiet...
Well, can you use ear plugs, or ear phones while you write? That would be an immediate solution. It sounds as though your agreement w/ the landlord may have been a lil misleading, at least w/ regards to future tenants and noise. However, if it isn't on your lease, it may be hard to deal with. I would check ll tenant rights for your area, or move. Just my opinions.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:14 AM

7,953 posts, read 6,055,856 times
You need to just forget building, and search for and buy an existing house. If your Son has seizures from loud noises a cheap walk up apartment is the last place you need to be. Yep, these a "that" generation, you will not change them, unless you somehow connect w/ them. I figure you may be very lucky already, because knocking on someone's door at 1am is proubibly not the best idea, I am not from NYC. but it wouldn't be a good idea here in Middle of North Dakota either. I think you missed your initail opportunity, letting the noise and disturbance go for the first 2weeks. You should have got them lined out immediately, before they developed the bad habits, and before the felt so at home. I raised 5 kids, you really have to connect w/ them to even have them acknowledge you, much less be willing to conceded any part of their life style to you. After you have head nodded to them a few times in passing, Maybe then go up with a plate of cookies, and have a sit down. Explain about your Son's illness. I hope things work out for you.
PS. Whats w/ all the post micro-managing, isn't there a Mod to help new folks? Seemed pretty unnecessary, and totally interrupted the discussion, even if the question was 5mths ago. Just my 2 cents

Old 11-29-2011, 03:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,210 times
New neighbors just rented the CONDO above me. My wife and I OWN ours. The new neighbors are STOMPERS. Old neighbor was wonderful. These people are ****ING LOUD WALKERS. As you can see, it's driving me nuts. STOMP STOMP STOMP. And they slam their door and stomp up the stairs too. They moved here from a house they couldn't afford and have too much junk and CRAMMED our basement FULL of it too. They are sloppy idiots as far as my wife and are concerned. After ten good years here, were are selling and moving and NEVER LIVING IN A SHARED STRUCTURE AGAIN. I hope these morons stomp their way all the way to HELL.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:26 PM

9,610 posts, read 4,517,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
New neighbors just rented the CONDO above me. My wife and I OWN ours. The new neighbors are STOMPERS. Old neighbor was wonderful. These people are ****ING LOUD WALKERS. As you can see, it's driving me nuts. STOMP STOMP STOMP. And they slam their door and stomp up the stairs too. They moved here from a house they couldn't afford and have too much junk and CRAMMED our basement FULL of it too. They are sloppy idiots as far as my wife and are concerned. After ten good years here, were are selling and moving and NEVER LIVING IN A SHARED STRUCTURE AGAIN. I hope these morons stomp their way all the way to HELL.
This is the main reason I have never even considered buying a condo. After years of apartment living, there is no WAY I would PAY to KEEP a place and be stuck with some rude, obnoxious, inconsiderate p**ck like this.

It's all about single unit homes for me.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:02 PM

832 posts, read 1,015,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This is the main reason I have never even considered buying a condo. After years of apartment living, there is no WAY I would PAY to KEEP a place and be stuck with some rude, obnoxious, inconsiderate p**ck like this.

It's all about single unit homes for me.
Yup. You can't choose who buys or rents next to you.
I would never invest in a condo or townhome.

I live in an apt. and my upsets neighbors suck, but I can leave easily.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,160 times
Most folks that live "above" others, have consideration and respect for their neighbors. There should be a law that can force any residential occupant to relocate to a bottom floor unit or leave the complex after repeated complaints. It seems like its disturbing the peace and willful misconduct to me, when someone continues to disturb neighbors after multiple complaints. Its not hard folks, its called common respect. The more I get to know people, the more I like my DOG.. There are more *******s out there than good folks.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:40 AM

50 posts, read 49,340 times
I live in a condo and its my downstairs neighbors that makes the noise. They have two kids and they run and bounce off the walls like its nothing. They use to have carpet and recently took it out and refinished the floors and since then its BEEN HELL!! I already complained two times to the HOA and now I record it because the next time they will be fined $50 for each time I complain after that and can contest the complaint. I plan to play them the recordings.
Now my question is .. I'm looking to lease my condo... what happens if my tenants break the lease due to the loud neighbors? Can I sue them? The downstairs neighbors making all the noise?

Last edited by ramz003; 12-27-2011 at 12:38 PM..

Old 01-07-2012, 12:52 PM

7 posts, read 19,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
How would you feel if you had a neighbor who lived below you and he or she complained about you walking around at 5:00 in the morning (while you were getting ready for work?) How do you get ready for work?
I would say to them, "You WALK instead of STOMP. Problem solved. I am so sick of these idiots who don't know the difference between walking and stomping. If you have to change how you walk do it--Quit whining and getting your feelings all hurt because you stomp like a frantic child rather than walking quietly like a considerate adult!!"

If you realize how easy it is to alter your walk, just make your heels hit the floor a little more quietly, you'd realize that it's a valid complaint.

After all, I had neighbors so loud that I had to wear earplugs, and have TWO white noise machines running...and still, they'd often STILL wake me up several times a night! That's loud, if somebody's already wearing earplugs and using white noise and it doesn't drown them out. I lived on a busy street, and the cars/sirens/trains weren't especially loud. It was these two 20-somethings who would get "worked up" (their words, not mine) and have to stomp frantically. They'd simply walk at other times, and that certainly didn't phase me a bit. If that was all they did, sure, I heard it, but it was nothing to complain about. BUT when they got "worked up" and had one of their little tiffs (usually between midnight and 5:00 am) I guess it was just too bad if I happened to be trying to sleep??

That's not fair. I'm not typically one of those "complainer" types, but I finally had to say something, because the noise level was ridiculous. I was so sleep-deprived that I was honestly stumbling around during the day!! Geesh.. .

Have some common sense!!

Last edited by Phoebekins; 01-07-2012 at 01:03 PM..

Old 01-07-2012, 12:54 PM

7 posts, read 19,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
well i get ready for work like most people. one pant leg at a time. i just dont like the people that find it ok that they have to stomp around with every step. they know they're being loud,theres no secret about it.

now if it happened to them and they were below someone,they'd throw a fit. which is why im mindful of the noise i make and try not to disturb people.

Thank you, I appreciate this logical, considerate post. That's all you have to do guys...just have some consideration, respect, and common sense!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting