Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 06:21 PM

3 posts, read 6,993 times

Advertisements

hi, guys I know all to well what is going on I have been living in this place for over five years, now my first year here my neighbors were pretty good with controlling noise on most occasions, except for when she had her occasional parties. She eventually moved out, and we received a new bundle of crack heads. Now this neighbor had two boys that I assume she had visitation rights for because they rarely stayed every day of the week, in the beginning. The days that they did stay was total and absolute hell. They ran up and down the hallway like they were on a racetrack, she would have a man get up with them in the morning because she was too high to, and it sounded like they were building a whole new room. I complained and complained to my landlord. Cops were called due to illegal activity and her arguing with other neighbors over drugs they owed her, etc. Long story short she ended up getting evicted because the judge ordered her to go to drug rehab, this was all told to me by other tenants and I overheard her telling another tenant right out of her own mouth. Now this is where the story really gets good. We now have hood rat, drug dealing, club hopping, weave slopping, baby popping neighbors and I thought the neighbor before her was bad oooh no this one tops the cake. Where do I even begin. When they first moved in, the amount of fighting and arguing was unreal. One day she screamed so loud that I thought he was going to kill her, even though I should have stayed out of it I called the police because I feared for her and her CHILD, yes CHILD. Every time they fought their one year old daughter would be present and she would cry so loud, poor thing. When the police showed up she stood in the hallway and told them that everything was ok they were just "talking", I'm assuming they told her who called because it really went downhill from there. The noise became overly excessive and I notified the landlord, she told me that she would talk to her about it. Obviously nothing was done because the noise continued to persist. Instead of knocking on her door due to my disability and her being upstairs and I couldn't walk up and down the stairs due to doctors orders, I notified the landlord that if the noise became too much I would bang on the wall or ceiling. The landlord informed me that me doing that would be no problem however, it was a problem. One day my neighbor had company over with over at least 3-5 children, the children were running up and down the hall the parents were walking through the house with heels it was all too much. I proceeded to bang on the ceiling they all came downstairs and starting cussing and acting a fool. The girl that actually has the apartment really showed off, she called me a b****, said she would beat me up, and was sick and tired of me banging on the wall, etc. I called the police but they were gone before anyone had a chance to arrive on the scene. The police informed me that they would notify the landlord and I notified her as well. Again she told me that she would talk to her, and that if she ever comes to my door don't open it and just call the police. I have been complaining about this girl numerous times after that incident and nothing at all has been done. I am at my wits end and I'm about to start going over people's heads because I know something can be done to rectify the situation. Her sister and her sister's son now lives up there in a two bedroom apartment that already occupies the girl and her daughter ( her "babydad" is now in jail). I cant wait until the day I either move out of this place or she gets evicted. If anyone has any suggestions of what I should do next please share your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 06:25 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,698,274 times
^Any chance you still have time to edit that wall of text and add paragraphs? Otherwise it is way to difficult to even read.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:27 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,698,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brebreb15 View Post
What do you mean by create a character?

Who are you talking to or responding to?

Old 02-23-2016, 06:32 PM

hi, guys I know all to well what is going on I have been living in this place for over five years, now my first year here my neighbors were pretty good with controlling noise on most occasions, except for when she had her occasional parties. She eventually moved out, and we received a new bundle of crack heads.

Now this neighbor had two boys that I assume she had visitation rights for because they rarely stayed every day of the week, in the beginning. The days that they did stay was total and absolute hell. They ran up and down the hallway like they were on a racetrack, she would have a man get up with them in the morning because she was too high to, and it sounded like they were building a whole new room. I complained and complained to my landlord. Cops were called due to illegal activity and her arguing with other neighbors over drugs they owed her, etc. Long story short she ended up getting evicted because the judge ordered her to go to drug rehab, this was all told to me by other tenants and I overheard her telling another tenant right out of her own mouth.

Now this is where the story really gets good. We now have hood rat, drug dealing, club hopping, weave slopping, baby popping neighbors and I thought the neighbor before her was bad oooh no this one tops the cake. Where do I even begin. When they first moved in, the amount of fighting and arguing was unreal. One day she screamed so loud that I thought he was going to kill her, even though I should have stayed out of it I called the police because I feared for her and her CHILD, yes CHILD. Every time they fought their one year old daughter would be present and she would cry so loud, poor thing. When the police showed up she stood in the hallway and told them that everything was ok they were just "talking", I'm assuming they told her who called because it really went downhill from there. The noise became overly excessive and I notified the landlord, she told me that she would talk to her about it.

Obviously nothing was done because the noise continued to persist. Instead of knocking on her door due to my disability and her being upstairs and I couldn't walk up and down the stairs due to doctors orders, I notified the landlord that if the noise became too much I would bang on the wall or ceiling. The landlord informed me that me doing that would be no problem however, it was a problem.

One day my neighbor had company over with over at least 3-5 children, the children were running up and down the hall the parents were walking through the house with heels it was all too much. I proceeded to bang on the ceiling they all came downstairs and starting cussing and acting a fool. The girl that actually has the apartment really showed off, she called me a b****, said she would beat me up, and was sick and tired of me banging on the wall, etc. I called the police but they were gone before anyone had a chance to arrive on the scene. The police informed me that they would notify the landlord and I notified her as well. Again she told me that she would talk to her, and that if she ever comes to my door don't open it and just call the police.

I have been complaining about this girl numerous times after that incident and nothing at all has been done. I am at my wits end and I'm about to start going over people's heads because I know something can be done to rectify the situation. Her sister and her sister's son now lives up there in a two bedroom apartment that already occupies the girl and her daughter ( her "babydad" is now in jail). I cant wait until the day I either move out of this place or she gets evicted. If anyone has any suggestions of what I should do next please share your thoughts.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
^Any chance you still have time to edit that wall of text and add paragraphs? Otherwise it is way to difficult to even read.

I actually reposted it with paragraphs this time. Didn't realize it was hard to read while I was typing.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:53 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,002,258 times
Quote:
hi, guys I know all to well what is going on I have been living in this place for over five years, now my first year here my neighbors were pretty good with controlling noise on most occasions, except for when she had her occasional parties. She eventually moved out, and we received a new bundle of crack heads.

Now this neighbor had two boys that I assume she had visitation rights for because they rarely stayed every day of the week, in the beginning. The days that they did stay was total and absolute hell. They ran up and down the hallway like they were on a racetrack, she would have a man get up with them in the morning because she was too high to, and it sounded like they were building a whole new room. I complained and complained to my landlord. Cops were called due to illegal activity and her arguing with other neighbors over drugs they owed her, etc. Long story short she ended up getting evicted because the judge ordered her to go to drug rehab, this was all told to me by other tenants and I overheard her telling another tenant right out of her own mouth.

Now this is where the story really gets good. We now have hood rat, drug dealing, club hopping, weave slopping, baby popping neighbors and I thought the neighbor before her was bad oooh no this one tops the cake. Where do I even begin. When they first moved in, the amount of fighting and arguing was unreal. One day she screamed so loud that I thought he was going to kill her, even though I should have stayed out of it I called the police because I feared for her and her CHILD, yes CHILD. Every time they fought their one year old daughter would be present and she would cry so loud, poor thing. When the police showed up she stood in the hallway and told them that everything was ok they were just "talking", I'm assuming they told her who called because it really went downhill from there. The noise became overly excessive and I notified the landlord, she told me that she would talk to her about it.

Obviously nothing was done because the noise continued to persist. Instead of knocking on her door due to my disability and her being upstairs and I couldn't walk up and down the stairs due to doctors orders, I notified the landlord that if the noise became too much I would bang on the wall or ceiling. The landlord informed me that me doing that would be no problem however, it was a problem.

One day my neighbor had company over with over at least 3-5 children, the children were running up and down the hall the parents were walking through the house with heels it was all too much. I proceeded to bang on the ceiling they all came downstairs and starting cussing and acting a fool. The girl that actually has the apartment really showed off, she called me a b****, said she would beat me up, and was sick and tired of me banging on the wall, etc. I called the police but they were gone before anyone had a chance to arrive on the scene. The police informed me that they would notify the landlord and I notified her as well. Again she told me that she would talk to her, and that if she ever comes to my door don't open it and just call the police.

I have been complaining about this girl numerous times after that incident and nothing at all has been done. I am at my wits end and I'm about to start going over people's heads because I know something can be done to rectify the situation. Her sister and her sister's son now lives up there in a two bedroom apartment that already occupies the girl and her daughter ( her "babydad" is now in jail). I cant wait until the day I either move out of this place or she gets evicted. If anyone has any suggestions of what I should do next please share your thoughts.
Moving is the best option. There's no way I'd live with that much drama going on around me. Outside of your daily complaints to the landlord and phone calls to the police, there's nothing you can do.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:47 AM

32,632 posts, read 47,964,911 times
Quote:
.......... anyone has any suggestions of what I should do next please share your thoughts.
Yes. Move to a place where the landlord is tough about screening. You obviously live in a place where anyone with the down payment can rent an apartment.

If the landlord doesn't screen you extensively, he isn't screening anyone else, either. If the landlord doesn't screen, he gets all the bad tenants that no other landlord will accept.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:53 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,297,247 times
The people above me have hardwood or laminate floors. I swear they are using pogo sticks up there. When I said something to management I was told that the condo owners are required to use some sort of noise muffling underflooring before putting down tile or wood floors. She looked it up to see if the owner had done so and he/she had so I'm basically stuck dealing with it until I move myself. At least this tenant isn't as bad as the last one. It was a married couple with a 400 pound toddler.....

Old 02-24-2016, 03:46 PM

544 posts, read 1,237,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Yes. Move to a place where the landlord is tough about screening. You obviously live in a place where anyone with the down payment can rent an apartment.

If the landlord doesn't screen you extensively, he isn't screening anyone else, either. If the landlord doesn't screen, he gets all the bad tenants that no other landlord will accept.
yes , yes, and yes.. i'm going through this right now.. two diffrent set of neighbors in less than 10 months... both evictions and other things op is going through... move out

Old 02-24-2016, 03:49 PM

544 posts, read 1,237,044 times
Quote:
I actually reposted it with paragraphs this time. Didn't realize it was hard to read while I was typing.
move out at end of lease.. i'm going through the same thing until April.. ll does not screen , but just rents to anyone who has money ( at the time) and then eviction after less than 4 months.. for each tenant.. two so far since last March.. we're out of here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting