Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 09:13 PM

10 posts, read 91,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
No one went shopping for food or to get fresh air or job interviews? lol

Job interviews? Doubt it lol unless they worked from home. Errands, yes, they ran errands but not all of them would leave so there was always someone home. Sooo glad I don't live there anymore!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 09:24 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,019,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neighborsfromhell View Post
Job interviews? Doubt it lol unless they worked from home. Errands, yes, they ran errands but not all of them would leave so there was always someone home. Sooo glad I don't live there anymore!
so glad everyone in this building goes to work or school

Old 08-01-2016, 09:32 AM

2 posts, read 5,083 times
Still don't think I or my family should have to wear earplugs to live in peace. I don't have a problem with them walking upstairs, the walking and other sounds are normal everyday sounds and they (ppl upstairs) are not that noisy. What bothers us is when their stir crazy kid is allowed to run back and forth over and over like he is racing and jumping off furniture or jumping up and down for hours. In other words this kid is at an indoor playground over us. Take your kid to a real playground or a park or even outside to do all that. We shouldn't have to listen to it all day. Grow up and be a parent, when you have children your priorities change and you don't keep your child cooped up in an apartment while you play video games all day (we know they are ). The poor kid stayed up there all this weekend and of course drove us crazy with his "playground" upstairs. And we should wear earplugs? no, they should be responsible parents, they can't be so stupid as to think that all that jumping off of furniture and the running back and forth at full speed isn't being heard below them. Take care of your children, mine are about grown and we shouldn't have to listen to that all day every day. Mine were raised differently and I changed my priorities when I had mine, I'm not perfect and I wasn't a perfect parent but I made time to take them to the playground or somewhere to let them be children. And yes, I also had and still have RESPECT for others!

Old 08-01-2016, 09:36 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,545,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josheee4 View Post
Still don't think I or my family should have to wear earplugs to live in peace. I don't have a problem with them walking upstairs, the walking and other sounds are normal everyday sounds and they (ppl upstairs) are not that noisy. What bothers us is when their stir crazy kid is allowed to run back and forth over and over like he is racing and jumping off furniture or jumping up and down for hours. In other words this kid is at an indoor playground over us. Take your kid to a real playground or a park or even outside to do all that. We shouldn't have to listen to it all day. Grow up and be a parent, when you have children your priorities change and you don't keep your child cooped up in an apartment while you play video games all day (we know they are ). The poor kid stayed up there all this weekend and of course drove us crazy with his "playground" upstairs. And we should wear earplugs? no, they should be responsible parents, they can't be so stupid as to think that all that jumping off of furniture and the running back and forth at full speed isn't being heard below them. Take care of your children, mine are about grown and we shouldn't have to listen to that all day every day. Mine were raised differently and I changed my priorities when I had mine, and I also had and still have RESPECT for others!
Respect or not, the realization you have failed to reach after 60 pages of comments is there is nothing you can do about it so you live with it or move.

Like it or not what you describe is just average apartment/condo living and complaining or protesting will only make things worse.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josheee4 View Post
Still don't think I or my family should have to wear earplugs to live in peace. I don't have a problem with them walking upstairs, the walking and other sounds are normal everyday sounds and they (ppl upstairs) are not that noisy. What bothers us is when their stir crazy kid is allowed to run back and forth over and over like he is racing and jumping off furniture or jumping up and down for hours. In other words this kid is at an indoor playground over us. Take your kid to a real playground or a park or even outside to do all that. We shouldn't have to listen to it all day. Grow up and be a parent, when you have children your priorities change and you don't keep your child cooped up in an apartment while you play video games all day (we know they are ). The poor kid stayed up there all this weekend and of course drove us crazy with his "playground" upstairs. And we should wear earplugs? no, they should be responsible parents, they can't be so stupid as to think that all that jumping off of furniture and the running back and forth at full speed isn't being heard below them. Take care of your children, mine are about grown and we shouldn't have to listen to that all day every day. Mine were raised differently and I changed my priorities when I had mine, I'm not perfect and I wasn't a perfect parent but I made time to take them to the playground or somewhere to let them be children. And yes, I also had and still have RESPECT for others!
Unfortunately that's what kids do so I don't think it's much you can do about it. Kids and Pets are constantly moving around and will always generate lots of noise

Also Ear plugs is for sleeping not when you are awake.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:08 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,551,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neighborsfromhell View Post
I know I already commented on this and I know this is old, but at least OP's neighbor had a job and they got a break from her. My neighbors upstairs were all unemployed and they never left their apartment hardly ever so I rarely got any peace and quiet because they were always home; home all throughout the week and weekend and it was a living nightmare. When I moved out, I made sure to get a top floor apartment because I just could not risk having people like that living above me again. I think I even developed slight PTSD from it because I swear I can still hear stomping over my head once and awhile lol
How do you know they were always home if you were working? They could have gone out or went to work while you were working.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
How do you know they were always home if you were working? They could have gone out or went to work while you were working.
And sounded like the poster never left the house for fresh air either. lol

Old 08-01-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
And sounded like the poster never left the house for fresh air either. lol
Your saying i never leave the house?

Old 08-01-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Your saying i never leave the house?

That what it sounded like when you said someone was always home due to no jobs.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
That what it sounded like when you said someone was always home due to no jobs.
That's nice because i never said that you quoted the wrong person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting