Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 04:40 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
What is your typical commission on finding tenants for a rental? One month's rent? A percentage? Something else?.......Does your broker take his typical split?.......What do you do for that fee? Prescreen? Check references? Credit check? Anything? Nothing?
In Central oregon, real estate agents don't want to waste their time with rentals. There are property management companies. As far as I know, they don't charge any fee to find tenants, but they take 10% of the gross rent every month as a management fee. Then they have their own repairmen that they use for repairs plus charge a fee for arranging the repair.

The management company charges the applicants an application fee.

There might be a decent management company in the area, but every time we have had a problem neighbor, it is a tenant put in place by a property management company. I would love to turn over management of my properties, but I don't trust them. They don't screen as strictly as I do and they don't maintain the property as well, and they certainly do not give the sort of customer service that I want my tenants to receive.

I think a management service that maintained a high standard and was completely honest, and didn't pad the bills would be successful in my area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting