Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:09 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,010,703 times

Advertisements

too funny!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 06:48 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,949,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Many years ago I lived in a four-plex on the second level and my neighbors were a really nice young couple. So one Sunday I went off to the beach as usual, swam a lot and had a great day. Came home, took a shower and crashed out on the couch for a nap. Woke up a while later and felt like having a cup of tea. Went to the 'fridge to find I'd run out of milk. My neighbors were home and their front door was open so I walked the few steps to their door and they were siting facing me on the couch watching TV. I asked them if they had a drop of milk for my tea and they were both looking at me rather strangely. The husband said, "Um, do you realize you have no clothes on?"

I don't think I've ever in my life been so utterly embarrassed ...
ROTFLMAO

Good thing you had understanding neighbors! LOL I think Robert Downey Jr. did something like this (passed out in a neighbors bed after drinking) and had no end of legal troubles... LOL

I have no funny renter stories, only nightmares...

Old 04-05-2011, 07:59 PM

914 posts, read 4,444,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
--arrived at apartment with my things to find new landlord standing in his underwear painting the ceiling; he said he didn't know I was coming that day (I'd told the property manager); the man later disappeared and was thought to be wacked by the mob.
I see nothing odd about this. Painting in the nude is a great way not to get paint on your clothes, and much more comfortable when it's hot out. Just sayin'.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:45 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Funny stories!

Let's see ... years ago, we lived in a first floor apartment, the kind that's a half-flight down from ground level. We'd been there nearly a year when the area had a few days of heavy rain. The third day of this, we were getting ready for work early in the morning when we noticed a wet spot on the carpet. As in, a puddle. Soon the puddle was joined by another and another and they started spreading and meeting each other. It was a puddle party!

We got out the Rainbow and started sucking up the water while we waited for maintenance to come with the heavy duty machine. Three hours later, I finally got to rest when maintenance arrived. Came to find out, the water was seeping up through a crack in the building's foundation. Greaat. Let's leave this apartment!

So we asked the apartment management if we could move to the newly vacant apartment upstairs. They said yes, so we moved everything upstairs over the long July 4th weekend. The next month, the building's boiler blew, so they asked all of us to turn on all the faucets to clear the lines. We did, no problem. But when we came home from work that day, we noticed that our walls and ceiling looked funny - the tape was all buckled! In a couple of spots, water was dripping. Turns out, our upstairs neighbors had turned on the kitchen tap, cleared the pipes, and then left the tap open ... but they put a plate in the sink, which blocked the drain...

and that's how we got flooded on the second floor.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:26 PM

23 posts, read 56,392 times
that was an awesome landlord (for fixing it so quickly) of course the guy could've told ya. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting