U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 08:47 PM

627 posts, read 1,199,213 times
Default My neighbors are stupid, drunk college kids

My apartment complex is perfect with the exception of one group of idiot college kids that live in the next building over. They are the only loud people out of the the three buildings here. And there's at least 36 apartments in these three buildings. I'm always hearing the drunk guys laughing and being stupid and the girls squealing and yelling for sodas. And it's raining tonight! Why the crap are they outside when it's raining? There's, like, at least twelve of them hanging out in the parking lot. They're loud idiots. I hope they all flunk out of school so they have to move back in with their parents.

Never rent to college kids under the age of 23. They're idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 02:51 AM

128 posts, read 267,479 times
I do feel for you. I lived in a rental house next door to another rental house. In it lived about 5 college kids and they had loud parties nightly. Their guests would open and slam their car doors all hours of the night and they parked all around the block. They'd leave garbage everywhere. We'd call the cops but other than coming over to say "be quiet" and leaving nothing else happened.

I would call the police next time they are rowdy and it's late, maybe the cops in your area can do something.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:50 AM

3,628 posts, read 6,368,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson4381 View Post
Not all of them.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:07 AM

102 posts, read 153,940 times
today is fake st pattys day.. maybe you should have a green beer.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:32 PM

849 posts, read 967,256 times
I'm a non-trad college student (41) and I live in an apartment next door to three laid off oil field guys who are horrible at playing Guitar Hero at 1 am. Gah!

Old 03-14-2009, 07:23 PM

1,222 posts, read 2,152,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson4381 View Post
My apartment complex is perfect with the exception of one group of idiot college kids that live in the next building over. They are the only loud people out of the the three buildings here. And there's at least 36 apartments in these three buildings. I'm always hearing the drunk guys laughing and being stupid and the girls squealing and yelling for sodas. And it's raining tonight! Why the crap are they outside when it's raining? There's, like, at least twelve of them hanging out in the parking lot. They're loud idiots. I hope they all flunk out of school so they have to move back in with their parents.

Amen, you are soooo right Dude. Especially the ones whose mommy and daddys pay for everything.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:58 AM

Okay, I'm trying to get over myself. They are most definitely occasionally loud, obnoxious and disrespectful, but it doesn't happen on a regular basis. I, personally, think it's tacky and disrespectful to your neighbors to act like that, but they are immature kids and it really doesn't happen that often. All things considered, I have it pretty good.

I feel really bad for people that have to put up with it on a regular basis, though. I've been in that situation and I'm glad I don't have to put up with it anymore. I used to have a neighbor that lived downstairs and, every night, all I could hear was deafening bass-filled music rising up through the floor. And the next place I lived, I got roaches because I had a nasty neighbor. And I could never get rid of them. It didn't matter how clean I was, she was still nasty.

I have a pretty good apartment situation now, though. Like I said, my other 34 neighbors are very well behaved! I just complain a lot because I've been on edge lately.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eofelis View Post
I'm a non-trad college student (41) and I live in an apartment next door to three laid off oil field guys who are horrible at playing Guitar Hero at 1 am. Gah!
Haha...that's terrible news, I'm sorry. They need to go back to school or do something to keep themselves busy with less annoying activities.

I actually love Guitar Hero, but I won't buy it, because the temptation to be loud and obnoxious would be too tempting. I don't want to make my good neighbors hate me.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyerbuyerpantsonfire View Post
I do feel for you. I lived in a rental house next door to another rental house. In it lived about 5 college kids and they had loud parties nightly. Their guests would open and slam their car doors all hours of the night and they parked all around the block. They'd leave garbage everywhere. We'd call the cops but other than coming over to say "be quiet" and leaving nothing else happened.

I would call the police next time they are rowdy and it's late, maybe the cops in your area can do something.
Oh, that's bad. My neighbors aren't bad enough to do that every night. It's actually more like a monthly thing. I don't think I'd call the police on them, unless they were really bad and it happened a lot. I did that when I lived in North Little Rock, because I didn't feel sorry for the cops. I feel sorry for the Little Rock police, though, they have to put up with a lot of thugs. I don't want to waste their time.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:24 AM

9,825 posts, read 7,488,152 times
Call the police and tell them you smell marijuana coming from the party and you think the kids are doing drugs and you don't want that in your neighborhood. You could also say you keep seeing people coming over to their apartment, going inside and leaving after a few minutes.....30-40 cars a day. You could say you head one of those girls crying and saying "Don't hit me." You could say you saw one of the kids with a weapon and it appears they have been drinking. You could say a lot of things to get the cops to say things besides "Be quiet."

But you've gotta be a d*** about it....and you don't sound like a d***. And you'd have to lie. I wonder if lying has the same moral issues as being disrespectful to your neighbors.

Have you tried talking to them? Or did you just call the cops. You could try bribing them. You could walk over to the party with a 12 pack of something really good and introduce yourself. If they know you, you're not "random angry ass****", you're "Tom" and "Dudes, keep it down...Tom's home." It's easier to ignore someone you don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting