Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 05:23 AM

458 posts, read 1,355,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsad View Post
She posted this same story in another msg board almost a year ago

July 2008
African American*Entertainment > Entertainment > Emergency how i do tell landlord... Message Boards, Chats and Profiles - AOL Black Voices

she also posted the noisy neighbor one - but in the version on that msg board. she broke a bottle to cut the neighbor
African American*Entertainment > Entertainment > Almost got into a fight last night... Message Boards, Chats and Profiles - AOL Black Voices
What's your problem? If you read her post properly you would see she admitted to having this same problem, about a year ago. So your point is? No one can complain on more than one board?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 07:40 AM

761 posts, read 3,415,907 times
Isn't this thread a bit old to keep beating?

Old 05-12-2009, 12:48 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
The best solution for getting rid of a huge rat, is to file for divorce, he will have to leave...!

Old 05-12-2009, 01:07 PM

3 posts, read 16,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda_Cooperstone1 View Post
What's your problem? If you read her post properly you would see she admitted to having this same problem, about a year ago. So your point is? No one can complain on more than one board?
actually, if you read both post properly, you'd see that she "just" saw a rat almost a year ago in 2008 and "just" saw her first rat again when she posted here a few weeks ago. point being she is recycling almost year old stories for her entertainment. And if you read carefully, you'd see the details of the noisy nighbors vary in details on both boards. "My point" isn't rocket science, nor do I have a problem. If you like to be played with for the amusement of others - knock yourself out. Just trying to shed some light on what numerous others already know. Have fun

Old 04-05-2010, 12:06 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
Rats are sort of big for cats. You could try a Jack Russel but it would probably drive you crazy trying to get at the rats that were behind something.
Sounds like another entry point has developed. If the steel wool worked before I would find the new entry point and go at it since it worked before. Stopping entry is probably the best solution.
Personally I'd move back with Mom if you can swing it job wise. Sounds like rent in NYC for a ratless place is too high for most people.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:23 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
A rat can kill a cat. Not to mention if someone poisoned it already it will kill your cat to kill it. Glue traps are a joke. You need to have snap traps and cage traps. Call animal control to remove the cage traps and pick up the snap trap body with a shovel. If your keep getting them, then you call the health department. But not for one rat. They can eat through cement so you can't really keep them out. You can only kill them if they show up. They carry fleas and bedbugs among other diseases. Never touch a dead one. They can bite through anything. Series of rabies shots in your tum won't be fun.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:08 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
Default OMG, after i just read this thread

I just heard squeaking in back of my fridge last night for about 60 seconds but then it stopped. I don't know if it was a rodent or simply someone in the hallway wheeling a shopping cart. After it stopped i haven't heard anything since. I've been here 5 years and never had any indication of rodents here at all. In my old apt i had mice on and off in the kitchen after living there for 7 years

I suppose a mouse is skeevy enough but a rat, OMG...

Old 04-06-2010, 08:25 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
Reminds of the time I was with family at a public park and all of a sudden there were screams and people jumping, running and yelling because they saw a rat... this was a Sunday afternoon.

Just then some 10 or 11 year olds ran over and asked people if they had seen their missing hamster

Turns out the rat was a pet hamster... the people were reacting... I'm surprised no body broke a leg or pulled a muscle in the mayhem.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:03 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
The best solution for getting rid of a huge rat, is to file for divorce, he will have to leave...!

but if the rat is dumb and mean---you wind up leaving and get away as far as u can cause big rats tend to surround themselves with little rats

Old 04-19-2010, 06:59 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Don't pay rent.

When he comes over to get a payment you tell him to fix this problem first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting