Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 03:18 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times

Advertisements

Maybe You need to talk to You County! In my area ALL Section 8 checks to LL are Automatic! According to My LL she gets the Money Direct Depost Midnite [12:01 am] The 1st of Every month. Then about a week later she gets a letter that lists who the money covers. Also here they ReReg us about 2 months on advance. So there no problem with the payments. For example my lease is up March 3rd every yr. BUT in Jan of every yr I have to go into the section 8 office & redo everything...then in Feb I have to go to LL & sign the new lease. So there is no interuption in the payment. SOOO sounds like your county Needs to rethink How they handling the payments, etc. DONT blame the tenants!! We have No control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 04:55 PM

73 posts, read 284,874 times
I personally will never rent to section 8 in my current rental building again.

Something I didn't think about when I did it before was the neighborhood my rental is in. The other people around my rental are middle class people and the section 8 tenant didn't work out well.

She made a lot of noise, kept the outside of her unit messy, and she was disabled so she stayed at home and was bored, so she harrassed the neighbors so bad that they had to call the police and go to court to get a restraining order. It was a BAD situation.

So to the original poster - if your rentals are in a poorer neighborhood and section 8 will mesh well with the surroundings, go for it. But my advice would be to not mix section 8 with another class - sorry if this comes out badly in type!

Old 04-07-2010, 05:02 PM

WELL I Thank God My LL Doesnt Think like you!! Classes??? I would Classify you as a .....
When you become Disabled/Old I Hope you are treaded as lower Class! As you put it!

Old 04-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Ody

Location: Right there, next time out, look I could be right next ;or in front of you
136 posts, read 287,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
WELL I Thank God My LL Doesnt Think like you!! Classes??? I would Classify you as a .....
When you become Disabled/Old I Hope you are treaded as lower Class! As you put it!
give em hell there Katie

Old 04-07-2010, 05:57 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supah_usa View Post
what is the best place to rent from for a house in glendale?when you have teenagers and they are skatboarders.
NIMBY, NIMN, and somewhere far away.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:50 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,152,789 times
Quote:
Maybe You need to talk to You County! In my area ALL Section 8 checks to LL are Automatic! According to My LL she gets the Money Direct Depost Midnite [12:01 am] The 1st of Every month. Then about a week later she gets a letter that lists who the money covers. Also here they ReReg us about 2 months on advance. So there no problem with the payments. For example my lease is up March 3rd every yr. BUT in Jan of every yr I have to go into the section 8 office & redo everything...then in Feb I have to go to LL & sign the new lease. So there is no interuption in the payment. SOOO sounds like your county Needs to rethink How they handling the payments, etc. DONT blame the tenants!! We have No control.

okaydorothy wasn't blaming the tenant(s), she was merely stating her current situation which happens to include a Section 8 tenant.

I happen to know her County is strapped financially (just like the State she's in) and this obviously affects her. If she doesn't get the rent, she can't meet her financial obligations but nobody cares about the why, she's a landlord, she must be rich... duh!
Unlike the County, we can't just say "sorry, it'll come late this month" without recourse. The lenders and other creditors want to get paid on time or they'll report us as late to the credit bureaus, late fees, etc., etc. Not good for the landlord!
I've been a landlord more than once and fully understand her debacle.
One "bad" tenant, be it Section 8 or not, and any reserve that may exist goes out the window to fix damages...

On the other hand, I know plenty of landlords who are good landlords and welcome Section 8 tenants. Not all participants in Programs are jobless. Like you, they can be on SSD, or they can be employed but not making a "living wage"; part of it is pre-screening and part of it "luck of the draw".

Glad you have a good landlord - I'm sure s/he appreciates your being a good tenant!

Old 04-07-2010, 06:58 PM

HUD & Section 8 is FEDERALLY funded. So I still dont see how what the State & County has to do with Holding up HER rent payments. The FEDs give the States...they Give the Counties the money to Pay the LL. So Why would the County being broke keep them from paying on time?? Sounds like a lawsuit to me.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:28 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,152,789 times
Quote:
HUD & Section 8 is FEDERALLY funded. So I still dont see how what the State & County has to do with Holding up HER rent payments. The FEDs give the States...they Give the Counties the money to Pay the LL. So Why would the County being broke keep them from paying on time?? Sounds like a lawsuit to me.
That's where the problem lies - State is in bad shape--even delaying tax refunds!!

Old 04-07-2010, 07:52 PM

So they Think they can KEEP the HUD monies!?!

Old 04-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Ody

Location: Right there, next time out, look I could be right next ;or in front of you
136 posts, read 287,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
and then what happens when the check is late!!

The past two months the county checks have been late ; I sent in the paperwork in the middle of feb to reregister the tenant ; they processed it on March 4th ; hello here, the rent is due on the 1st.

This month ; its now the 7th and the county told me today it should be at least another 5 days. Oh but my mortgage is due on the 1st!!
So, the checks arent always on time ; the only good thing is that they wont bounce.

When this lass moves out, I am done. I will probably have to put a fortune back into the property to sell it as she has damaged it, even though I have already fixed it.
Okaydorothy
I reread your thread //
( 1 ) On what date, of each mo does your contract state that monies wlll be deposited from (county or state) into your account on behalf of your tenent?
(2 ) On what date of the mo Did the tenent take poshion (move there stuff in ); the dormasile?
I see that you said that the paper work was submited mid Feb "processed on March 4th" .
I am thinking ; and I do not have a true answer, so please forgive me
That the HUD recipent recived the voucher 3 days later?? the state or county is thinking they moved in after receving there voucher the 12 to 15th of March; thus they have set the date for deposit to your account around the 12th to 15th. of each mo.
Check your paper work to see what Date the HUD recipent recived there voucher.
good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting