U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-21-2009, 03:28 PM

529 posts, read 537,694 times

Advertisements

Is there a good way to find free online public records of evictions/court hearings? All I can find are all the ones that ask you to pay and I didn't know if they would really have the info I wanted.

I'm looking for recent info in Baltimore MD. Trying to figure out what is really happening to an acquaintance.

Or, if I have to pay, is there a good public records search company that you'd recommend?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 03:38 PM

1,749 posts, read 4,495,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Is there a good way to find free online public records of evictions/court hearings? All I can find are all the ones that ask you to pay and I didn't know if they would really have the info I wanted.

I'm looking for recent info in Baltimore MD. Trying to figure out what is really happening to an acquaintance.

Or, if I have to pay, is there a good public records search company that you'd recommend?
I'm not sure if this site has eviction records, but once a debt (including any unpaid rent associated with an eviction) becomes a judgment you can find it here:

Maryland Judiciary Case Search

You can search criminal records as well as civil court cases on this site. The search is free.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:53 PM

529 posts, read 537,694 times
OMG - you are fantastic. Thanks for the link - found exactly what I needed!

Old 07-21-2009, 04:11 PM

1,749 posts, read 4,495,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
OMG - you are fantastic. Thanks for the link - found exactly what I needed!
You're welcome!

Old 07-15-2013, 07:50 PM

1 posts, read 16,730 times
Default Rental histories??

Does anyone have a good link for looking up eviction or rental histories? I'm going in circles from site to site just to be asked to pay a fee for free records.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:07 AM

4,786 posts, read 6,297,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicia G View Post
Does anyone have a good link for looking up eviction or rental histories? I'm going in circles from site to site just to be asked to pay a fee for free records.

Why are you looking up evictions? Are you a landlord doing a background check on an applicant? If you're looking for an applicant, part of their applicant 'fee' covers these kinds of background checks. If you're just being nosy wanting to peek into people's business, pay the fee and be done with it.

Rental histories come from talking to prior landlords...there isn't a 'database'. (at least that I know of)

Old 07-16-2013, 08:42 AM

2,355 posts, read 1,728,196 times
Make sure you have a legitimate reason for looking it up, even if you pay the fee. You may be accessing a credit report. Accessing someone else's credit report without a permissible reason for doing so is illegal, and if they check their own report they will see the inquiry. This, of course, does not apply to public records.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:31 AM

2 posts, read 27,105 times
I am trying to find out what's on my rental history for free.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:44 AM

2 posts, read 27,105 times
I would like to know where can I goo to see what my rental history is.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:15 PM

22,480 posts, read 27,048,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by char5239 View Post
I am trying to find out what's on my rental history for free.
If you do an internet search for "free credit reports" you'll find tons of options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by char5239 View Post
I would like to know where can I goo to see what my rental history is.
Surely you know what your history is? If you have an eviction on your record it'll show up if a LL does a background check on you. I'll leave that to someone else to answer as far as where to specifically search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting