Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 12:32 PM

836 posts, read 3,381,427 times

Advertisements

virgode I really don't think that is the right choice.. I agree that the owners probably don't care about the dog but letting it out of the yard could cause more problems than its worth. Such as you Trespassing on someone else property could cause real problems..and the dog could bite or attack you. Letting the dog out and it gets run over wouldn't be a good thing either.. I would not try and cause conflict with the owners of this dog and walking into their property even though you think they may not be paying attention to the barking dog they just might be paying more attention than you think and you could be arrested.

bluebelt1234-Just try the Super Bark Free Outdoor training device it just might work, making loud noises sometimes stop the dog from barking. Or like pitt says try giving the dog some toys or a huge dog bone to chew on see if that helps..

Last edited by wolfeyes; 08-16-2009 at 12:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 01:03 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
No, I'm sorry, sometimes you've got to get very assertive,
The Human society, animal shelter, animal rescue, someone.
That dog would disappear to a new home.

The bottom line is the owner doesn't care and hes not the neighbors responsibility.
People who do this to animals are cruel and should be fined.

Anyone who leaves there dog outside in a residential neighborhood
to bark constantly bc they don't want him inside, are freaking
rude and ignorant, they don't deserve a pet.

EDIT*
All the advice you given wolfeyes are great suggestions with one
exception, this is NOT the OPs dog, why should the expense be out of their pocket?

Last edited by virgode; 08-16-2009 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: comment

Old 08-16-2009, 01:27 PM

I agree with you in some terms, And yes I agree they don't deserve this dog due to letting it bark all the time, but there are other ways of handling the situation. I just don't think its a good idea for them to let the dog lose. bluebelt1234 wrote- I have called the Humane Society and it still barks ALL THE TIME. I also called the cops because it was even barking at midnight. So if they have called them and nothing was done what good would it do to let the dog lose and cause problems when you can try other things that might help. I understand you shouldn't have to pay for stuff to quiet the dog, but if nothing else what can you do.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:31 PM

No one wants to resolve this, oh no, I'd get the dog out of there. I'd take the risk.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:53 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
I think it is crazy for people to WANT a dog, but yet put it in an area where it isn't happy. That is just selfish. Therefore, I would help the dog out by calling animal control to report the dog being unattended for long periods of time.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:13 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,863,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Heres what you do, tonight when he barks non-stop, walk over
either let him off his leash or out of the yard, hopefully he
wont follow you back home, then call the spca to pick him up.

Sometimes you've got to get creative in your thinking, any owner
who allows that day in and day out doesn't care about the dog
or the barking nuisance factor.
I don't think they care about the poor dog. They keep the dog in the apartment alone all day and night. I can imagine the dog is messing up their apartment pretty bad since it is never let out.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:30 PM

How sad....if thats the case then I would report them to the ASPCA, they will come out and investigate the situation.. not humane society or cops.. they will do nothing.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:06 PM

If the dog is inside thats a completely different scenario.
Thats a property manager issue bc its an apt., write a letter
stating the problem, mail certified return receipt, keep acopy for
yourself. I was thinking he was outside and your could do
some dognapping, poor pooch.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:16 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Since it's an apt community, I would go straight to the managing office and complain as often as possible. Get your neighbors to go, too. Make written complaints and phone calls as well as visits in person. You're more likely to get action from the apt people than from the police.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:17 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Keep calling the police over and over and over and don't let up. I do not recommend letting it off it''s leash for fear of it getting hit and killed by a car. I have dogs of my own and foster dogs for a rescue organization and I would NEVER allow them to sit outside and bark at all. The people behind me have a lab and tie it up to the basketball pole in between the garage and the house - the echo chamber. One day they were outside and the dog was at the end of it's leash just barking for attention and I got on a ladder and asked these people if they were out of their mind! I'll can tolerate a little dog barking during the day but after 11 pm that's enough for me. I just kept calling the police (you do not have to tell them your name) over and over and over every night. The dog doesn't bark anymore at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting