Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:52 PM

2 posts, read 6,867 times

Advertisements

Some of us that have section 8 go out of our way to maintain a good relationship to our landlords and take care of our rented homes as we would ours. If per chance there is a section 8 renter ,who would have to be new ,who acted out on the appartment would have to pay up first by loosing their security deposit whether a full months rent or partial deposit equal to their portion to the rent.Then sec. 8 will check with the landlord to be sure , we are all paid up. Other wise your voucher will not be handed over to you until you work out any problems and the landlord releases you of any moneys owed .The dishonest bad tenents that arn,t to smart will end up loosing their vouchers and good riddens.Although to bad for their children who suffer.Section 8 only has so many rentals and I prefer to find my own appt. or house , I get my sheet out to be sure it will pass inspection . I explain to perspective LL the program and the protections afforded for them . I want to be a good tennant so there will be more section 8 rentals and if any tenant has damaged your property call housing and that will keep the bad people out.Thank you for listening. Lorna
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 06:13 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,650 times
oh get over yourself PLEEEAASSSEEEE!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 01:04 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,934,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Hi, well I have an update. I spoke with the housing office and they are checking on the transfer to another apt. Also, the noise was really bad from 4 a.m. so I called the cops. I then get this call from an officer telling me that they cannot find noise and that I am making unfounded complaints!He also said I can be fined for doing so! I called and left him a vm letting him know that it is not fun calling the police all the time and that there has been valid noise from the way back bedroom area. Anyway, I also called the supervisor to let him know I am not someone who makes invalid complaints to the Police. He has not called me back yet. The other noise is from the friggin sewage plant directly next to my window. It is god awful, so I called to check with the office who is working there, but have not heard back. I know they are doing major construction. The thing that is bad is the noise from his music and the construction is awful. This noise is literally all the time. I do hope I can get a transfer across the street, as the complex is quite large. It will be a pain, but better than this noise.
The sewage plant and construction were not there when you moved in? Not being a jerk, but maybe you are being a pest? Nothing is going to be perfect, and definetly not with a section 8 voucher.

If you want total peace and quiet, you have to move. You have to preferbly own or rent a house in the middle of no where, or a older established neighborhood. Until your better, can work to provide for your self, in order to do what you have to do, your gonna have to deal with it.

And I am willing to bet money, you will still complain across teh street at the other complex. It won't be noise, but it will probably be something else.

Like I said earlier not being a jerk, but if you don't like it, get yourself together and make a power move.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
If you don't like the housing that taxpayers are giving you then spend your own money for something better. I hate the Section 8 losers that whine when their taxpayer subsidized housing isn't luxurious enough. You should be grateful that you have a noisy apartment and not a cardboard box. If the noise keeps you up at night, then just sleep all day, its not like you have a job or anything to do anyway.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:31 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Quote:
I am renting an apartment with section 8 and I am on disability. I may be interested in transferring to another apartment in the complex, as my downstairs neighbors are very noisy and obnoxious. Is this possible with section 8? Thanks.
My daughter moved into a Section 8 house as a very young single mom. Her car got stolen and it was a really bad neighborhood....so I talked her into coming back home with the baby. Others people stuck in these neighborhoods don't have such options and it is just sad they have to live like that.

I said all that to say this, just because you are lower income does not mean you have to live in a noisy, unsafe, unsuitable environment. You aren't in prison. You deserve respect. This is your home.

Read on this link to see what your options are:
HAP - Section 8 - Transfers (http://www.hapdx.org/resident/sc8transfers.html - broken link)

Keep a copy of any police reports and a record of all the times you have called the police, spoken to the manager and to the bothersome tenants. This information will help you when your case comes up for review.

Good luck to you....and I mean it with all my heart.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:21 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,767,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
My daughter moved into a Section 8 house as a very young single mom. Her car got stolen and it was a really bad neighborhood....so I talked her into coming back home with the baby. Others people stuck in these neighborhoods don't have such options and it is just sad they have to live like that.

I said all that to say this, just because you are lower income does not mean you have to live in a noisy, unsafe, unsuitable environment. You aren't in prison. You deserve respect. This is your home.

Read on this link to see what your options are:
HAP - Section 8 - Transfers (http://www.hapdx.org/resident/sc8transfers.html - broken link)

Keep a copy of any police reports and a record of all the times you have called the police, spoken to the manager and to the bothersome tenants. This information will help you when your case comes up for review.

Good luck to you....and I mean it with all my heart.
Police reports that say "quit calling us for no reason" and bothersome tenants that consist of construction and a sewage plant? That is simply not going to work if you want to relocate with a section 8 voucher. That's evidence that you're whiny and potentially a problem tenant.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:17 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
oh get over yourself PLEEEAASSSEEEE!!!
I really didn't see the need for that comment nor another, equally caustic, which you made previously.

Anyway, cursorily looking over your previous posts, didn't you have similar problems at your last rental?

It also appears from your previous posts that even when you were disabled a while ago and collecting disability benefits when living with your also-disabled now ex-husband, you did hold some sort of a part-time job.

I think I remember from previous posts of yours that you have a back problem for which you're collecting disability? Do please correct me if I'm mistaken.

If you could work part-time while with your now ex-husband, is there any reason you can't work part-time now?

Your physical disability is obviously not so devastating that it prohibits you from sitting at the computer several hours a day posting on CD on so many different forums.

Surely those several hours a day at the computer could be financially productive? There are innumerable companies these days who will pay you to do computer work from home. You could at least partially get off the taxpayer-funded disability roll, and thus enable your transition to other than Section 8 housing which obviously is an ongoing problem for you.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:19 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
How about you file with the courts on the tenant? ASs the landlord done anythign to neforce their lease rules/ The police are really only a agent beteen you and the courts.The landlord or manager can solve this qucikly by warning and then evicting .They have a resposibilty to enforce living standards.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:37 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
The sewage plant and construction were not there when you moved in? Not being a jerk, but maybe you are being a pest? Nothing is going to be perfect, and definetly not with a section 8 voucher.

If you want total peace and quiet, you have to move. You have to preferbly own or rent a house in the middle of no where, or a older established neighborhood. Until your better, can work to provide for your self, in order to do what you have to do, your gonna have to deal with it.

And I am willing to bet money, you will still complain across teh street at the other complex. It won't be noise, but it will probably be something else.

Like I said earlier not being a jerk, but if you don't like it, get yourself together and make a power move.
Well I am not one to believe I have to put up and shut up and you advice is lame. Just because you are poor does not mean you have to deal with things. We have the same rights as everyone. Also, if everyone took your passive advice, no one would stand up for their rights. How unamerican!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:58 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Well I am not one to believe I have to put up and shut up and you advice is lame. Just because you are poor does not mean you have to deal with things. We have the same rights as everyone. Also, if everyone took your passive advice, no one would stand up for their rights. How unamerican!
So you're back. You had asked the moderators to remove your profile and your posts and they said they couldn't do that and here you are again right where you left off three weeks ago and still with the same caustic comments leveled at those who respond to you.

So, did you resolve the problem with your horrible neighbors?

Ever consider the suggestion I made in my post of 9/25?

No, just because you are poor does not mean you have to "put up with things" and you certainly do have the same rights as anyone else. It's all in the approach and yours has been so off the wall towards posters who have tried to give you good advice that I can only imagine what it's been like towards your various LLs and neighbors. Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting