Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 06:22 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,777,128 times

Advertisements

Keep going to court.

Isnt it amazing how tenants know all the loopholes and the landlords are the ones who are stuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 04:31 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,494,187 times
this is a real eye opening story!! You must be a good Christian too, if it was me, I would have killed them!! This is really unbelievable. Louis the arsonist may have come by and make a trip or a little Chicago justice. How can you stand it. Let us know the story.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:17 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,069,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
this is a real eye opening story!!
I took out the remainder of your quote because it's really quite disturbing, but I wanted it clear to whom I am referring.

Your meaning isn't clear, are you suggesting doing physical harm?

Old 12-22-2009, 12:11 PM

My sweet NY Annie of course not. However what I would do is move in my house too. I would pack my bags and move in with my tenants. I am the owner its my house, I can move in too. We could all live together and be happy. I bet this would make them the un paying tenants not too happy. I would move into my house too, and drive them crazy subtely. I think I have the right to move into my house. Tenants are not kicked out, but I need a place to live. So I would be moving in. The lease is over and rightfully I could live there with them TOO!!! Thats what I would do. Ever time they want to do damage I would call the cops, because I am living there and see it. They could not throw me out, they have no lease and like I said I would move in also!!!

Old 12-22-2009, 01:13 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,847,243 times
Likely the best you can do now is get them out of your property.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:57 PM

their lease ran out, I would go move into MY HOUSE WITH THEM! THis I am sure is not against the law. Bring an air matress and move in. Thats what I would do, and make their lives miserable!!!! I would cook the stinkest fish, play polish polika music, watch sesame street , make chicken liver, and really find a way to enjoy me watching their ever move. We could all live together. I would say me and my husband/wife had a fight and its my house, you have no lease, I am not throwing you out, but you cant throw ME OUT~! Bring a chair , air matress, bathroom stuff, pots and pans , bring clothes hang in closet and make like you were living there and go move in . Lets say they the tenants call the police, what are you doing wrong? They basically have to live with you!! That would have got them out much sooner I will bet. The police cant throw you out because they dont have a lease and its your house. You can legally live there. You see you cant throw them out but since they have no lease why cant you go move in????????

This would work before you went to court. So next time or for someone in this situation remember this.

Last edited by stevemorse; 12-22-2009 at 03:26 PM..

Old 12-22-2009, 04:14 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,013,434 times
Call the cops and file a report for the damages. Harass them. This is a chess game and it's your move.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:01 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,704,118 times
Woah! So they get to stay because of there bankruptcy?? Thats crazy! How long do they get to stay for??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting