Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 05:05 PM

475 posts, read 1,643,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
As I see it... you have several choices.

Cease Working in the Driveway

Come to an Understanding with the Owner

Give Notice you are moving...

I'm sure it will be hard on the owner if you choose to move... replacing a good tenant takes time and money...
Fix the owners car? might work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 08:12 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
As I see it... you have several choices.

Cease Working in the Driveway

Come to an Understanding with the Owner

Give Notice you are moving...

I'm sure it will be hard on the owner if you choose to move... replacing a good tenant takes time and money...
I came on this late at night and, Ultrarunner, what's with all these caps as in TVSG's posts? Cheese and bread, are you messing?

Old 12-20-2009, 08:38 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
do you always wear a shirt? If not it might be ticking off the Missus.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:48 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,464,975 times
The LL could also have had a complaint from the homeowner's association, if there is one. Could be a clause about not allowing what you are doing, and the LL doesn't want to get fined.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:37 AM

28,113 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I came on this late at night and, Ultrarunner, what's with all these caps as in TVSG's posts? Cheese and bread, are you messing?
I think I've just about wore out my keyboard

A couple of keys repeat and some need a heavy touch... Eleven years is ancient in the PC world...

Old 12-22-2009, 06:22 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
Quote:
I think I've just about wore out my keyboard

A couple of keys repeat and some need a heavy touch... Eleven years is ancient in the PC world...
Do you have any idea how cheap it is to replace a keyboard?

Old 12-22-2009, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Do you have any idea how cheap it is to replace a keyboard?
Thanks for a morning chuckle! She's right, Ultrarunner - I found one at OfficeMax for a little over $20!!!!!! Treat yourself for Christmas ...

Old 12-22-2009, 11:33 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,642,682 times
It happend once before and all I needed to do was take it apart to give it a good cleaning and presto... good as new

It's kind of like a personal challenge... when something goes hay-wire.

My first car was a Model A Ford and I still have it... keeping it going gave me lots of practice fixing things.

Did I mention I still have my Apple //e

Old 12-24-2009, 01:13 PM

454 posts, read 688,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
So many reasons I hate to rent.

Ultimately I guess renting is like having a boss at home.
No....thats why I WILL neva, evah rent someone's "room in their house" again. They are nice the 1st couple of months, then after a few months the bastards turn into full blown prison security guards. Can't have friends over, cant park here, cant park there, blah blah blah, well I'm paying the ****ing rent here!

I know its the OP's option at the moment, and sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

If I wanted to be a smart mouth *****, I'd say,

"well how about we take off x amount from the rent to cover my maintenance bills. Afterall, I rented your place with a driveway so I could save money and work on my own car. If I can't do that, lower my rent."

Old 12-24-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
No....thats why I WILL neva, evah rent someone's "room in their house" again. They are nice the 1st couple of months, then after a few months the bastards turn into full blown prison security guards. Can't have friends over, cant park here, cant park there, blah blah blah, well I'm paying the ****ing rent here!

I know its the OP's option at the moment, and sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

If I wanted to be a smart mouth *****, I'd say,

"well how about we take off x amount from the rent to cover my maintenance bills. Afterall, I rented your place with a driveway so I could save money and work on my own car. If I can't do that, lower my rent."
Wishing you luck in the future where rentals, legalese in all areas and basic growing up issues are concerned. Cheers, seasons greetings and happy new year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting