Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:52 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
It does seem from your many posts about so many problems in different places that at least part of the problem may well lie with you. Correct me if I'm mistaken but I do recall that some time ago when you posted a similar complaint it was suggested that maybe you could get off Section 8 and move upward by getting some sort of employment to supplement your income.

It occurred me to at the time that, even with whatever disability you suffer from, you obviously are able to navigate a computer quite well and could probably find some on-line work which could help you attain that goal. Maybe it's time to address that further so that you can work towards a better financial situation and be done with all the ills that continue to beset you on your Section 8 status?

Other than that maybe, as Lacerta said, you should take up these issues with your Section 8 representative and see if he or she can offer an alternative placement. Good luck.
You sure assume a lot. I am working with a job counselor and unlike you I am not so blessed with the cash flow to move. I knew I would hear from some annoyers on this, but still it annoys me when I hear lame responese. Oh well, it is a forum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
Pretty sure your section 8 rep is the one to talk to about situations like this if you aren't making progress with the LL.

Also pretty sure that if you are being evicted because you complained, that is called a "retaliatory eviction" and in some states, at least, is illegal. Look it up and see if that is true for your state.

Finally, learn to deal with the fact that living in Section 8 housing, you are going to have to deal with noise. Daytime noise usually is legal, and you are stuck with it. Nighttime noise, all you can do is call the police, or buy yourself some good earplugs to put in while you sleep.

The "and bother no one" part of this sentence is in direct opposition with the entire rest of your post. Sounds to me like you have been in constant conflict with each of your neighbors as well as the landlord. Whether it is your fault or not is totally irrelevant. If you are constantly fighting with everyone around you, it is not accurate to say that you bother no one, even if they started it.
Say what? I do not fight. The music is loud as a night club. Would you like to come visit? Maybe your tune will change..Lordy!

Old 03-13-2010, 01:13 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
You sure assume a lot. I am working with a job counselor and unlike you I am not so blessed with the cash flow to move. I knew I would hear from some annoyers on this, but still it annoys me when I hear lame responese. Oh well, it is a forum!
I'm assuming nothing - simply referring to issues you have previously raised. And as far as assumptions are concerned, isn't your comment, "and unlike you I am not so blessed with the cash flow to move" exactly that?

I'm sorry you consider my response to be lame and shall be sure not to offer you any advice in the future in order not to annoy you further.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:52 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,478,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
He took all my information and told me it was not legal to evict a tenant (good tenant too) for complaining. He has to have a valid reason.
I believe I said that in my prior post.

I'm sorry that the rest of my comments were not to your liking. I was trying to help. If you reread your first post, there are no less than 4 mentions of conflicts with either the LL or the neighbors (fights can be verbal too, they don't have to involve fists). "If everyone is against you, perhaps you are the one being unreasonable." That quote may or may not be true in your case, but it is worth considering.

And I didn't say the music wasn't loud. I said loud tends to come with the territory of inexpensive or subsidized housing. I suggested buying earplugs.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:07 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Artsywoman
I admire your fortitude, the LL has a responsibility to every tenant, at the same time taking the warrior position has put you in a volitale situation once with the altercation , so your faced with safety. It should be a concern. Was a court hearing scheduled for the hallway assault?

Old 03-13-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Artsywoman
I admire your fortitude, the LL has a responsibility to every tenant, at the same time taking the warrior position has put you in a volitale situation once with the altercation , so your faced with safety. It should be a concern. Was a court hearing scheduled for the hallway assault?
Methinks holding breath on this causal issue is not a viable option in this case.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:07 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
In my city there is a local law that covers noise. It covers all residential areas...poor, rich, black, white, yellow, blue, green...you get the idea.....the law is in place because some ppl are just morons and have no respect for anyone. Call your local police dept and ask them if they have a law like this and then use it. Call the police each and every time there is noise. In my city, you can, and will be fined for violating this law and most apt complexes and landlords take this seriously. Well..except the scumlords

Old 03-14-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
In my city there is a local law that covers noise. It covers all residential areas...poor, rich, black, white, yellow, blue, green...you get the idea.....the law is in place because some ppl are just morons and have no respect for anyone. Call your local police dept and ask them if they have a law like this and then use it. Call the police each and every time there is noise. In my city, you can, and will be fined for violating this law and most apt complexes and landlords take this seriously. Well..except the scumlords
If you read this whole thread and also take time to read the OP's former and similar threads I think you'll get a better picture of this general scenario ...

Old 03-15-2010, 09:22 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
If you read this whole thread and also take time to read the OP's former and similar threads I think you'll get a better picture of this general scenario ...

I read the OP's post and that's what I am replying to.

I am no going back and re-read old threads just to make a judgement on someone. They asked for advice regarding noise and I gave it. What she does with it, is on her back, not mine. And how she lives and where she lives and what she does where she's living is no concern of mine either.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
I read the OP's post and that's what I am replying to.

I am no going back and re-read old threads just to make a judgement on someone. They asked for advice regarding noise and I gave it. What she does with it, is on her back, not mine. And how she lives and where she lives and what she does where she's living is no concern of mine either.
This is why I prefer Cats to people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting