U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM

3,589 posts, read 1,971,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Pretty sure, or 100% positive?
Positive. HealthMatters | AlaskaCare Health Plans

What kind of crap plan wouldn't cover emergency costs incurred out of state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM

151 posts, read 17,215 times
If money is no concern......

This is a great way to do it.

A couple I know have a beautiful year around lake home in Minnesota.
Once they both retired in their early 60's, they bought a beautiful home in Arizona on the golf course. They have been using their Minnesota lake home as a summer home and their Arizona home as their winter home.

They have been doing this for over 15 years and when I asked about the long drive back and forth, they stated they haven't driven in years. They fly.

A Cadillac stays at their Minnesota home and another Cadillac stays at their Arizona home.

Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM

6,621 posts, read 8,107,266 times
Just curious. Do any single folks snowbird? Seems like all of these comments are from couples. Is it easier or more complicated when by yourself.

Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM

2,348 posts, read 2,466,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Positive. HealthMatters | AlaskaCare Health Plans

What kind of crap plan wouldn't cover emergency costs incurred out of state?
Umm, it's called a Medicare Advantage plan. They only cover you in your home network. The trade-off is, in Orange County CA they're free.

Old Today, 12:59 AM

274 posts, read 46,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Umm, it's called a Medicare Advantage plan. They only cover you in your home network. The trade-off is, in Orange County CA they're free.
Not true - you would still be covered just higher deductible and copay since out of network.

Old Today, 05:17 AM

115 posts, read 41,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
Just curious. Do any single folks snowbird? Seems like all of these comments are from couples. Is it easier or more complicated when by yourself.
Iím single and I intend to snowbird when Iím fully retired. I know it will be harder on me than traveling as a couple, so Iím thinking of heading to the Raleigh area where I have an old college friend. Thereís a huge difference between knowing one person and knowing zero.

Old Today, 05:24 AM

21,500 posts, read 22,073,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SterkIjon View Post
If money is no concern......

This is a great way to do it.

A couple I know have a beautiful year around lake home in Minnesota.
Once they both retired in their early 60's, they bought a beautiful home in Arizona on the golf course. They have been using their Minnesota lake home as a summer home and their Arizona home as their winter home.

They have been doing this for over 15 years and when I asked about the long drive back and forth, they stated they haven't driven in years. They fly.

A Cadillac stays at their Minnesota home and another Cadillac stays at their Arizona home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or